John McLaughlin Premier Guitar Interview 9/3/15

Nice interview - thanks for posting the link!

Wish he would take an amp from Paul!
:2channelh::D:D:D:D

Interesting to me was his remark that everything has to "swing." Here's one of the founders of fusion music, a guy who played on the seminal Miles Davis Bitches Brew, and who created many classic fusion albums with his own bands saying that.

There was recently a debate here on the forum when I said fusion needs to swing and used that very word. A member who's a fan of fusion insisted that it doesn't swing.

So it's good to hear it from a founder of the genre. Yeah, swing is entirely appropriate!

Birds of prey is a brilliant album one of the very best ever. However McLaughlin is pot luck live. I saw "passion grace and fire" at the Sydney townhall and it was the most enjoyable concert I ever went to. 15 years later at the opera house it was him and a tabla player and a loop machine and it was as boring as batshi*

Cool. Thanks for that. Mr. McLaughlin seems like such a good guy. That inlay looks like one of those 'cityscapes' they did a few years ago. (I can't recall the exact name of them; sorry.) NYC, Chicago, El Paso, Butte... :D Amazing Work from The Masters.

Goldtop Lloyd

Open up the new album 'Black Light' CD cover and here you go:

jm%20prs%20neck%20inlay_zpselzwrlmf.jpg
</a>"]http://[/URL][/img]

McLaughlin is an amazing player and a truly superb artist as well - and yeah, I think they are two different, but often interrelated, things!

He blew me away at the PRS 30th Event.

This recent interview just popped up in my Twitter feed. A couple of takeaways. There's a hint that he will tour the album here in North American(next year?). And that he used the Fishman Triple Play Midi system on one of his PRS guitars for the album. What's interesting is that I had read, somewhere, that he was using it, and in September I posted a query if anyone had done the same to theirs and if so, what were their results, opinion, and feedback. Basically is it just 'a gadget' or did you get real musical and creative results, is it worth the $$$?

http://progressiverockcentral.com/2015/09/21/interview-with-fusion-trailblazer-john-mclaughlin/

Very high praise of PRS in the video.

Back