John Mayer Signature Amp - The J-MOD100

Settle down folks...Paul has a plan. He always does. There is a target for everything they ever released...this amp is no different. If you don't like this amp at this price rest assured it wasn't designed for you. This amp will sell. Enough to keep PRS and JM happy. The trickle down and possibly the already existing plan)might very well be a more "budget friendly" version of this later on down the line. So don't everyone get your knickers in a bunch and lets see how this all plays out:cool:

yeah, while I don't like to jump on posts, I really don't get posts about price. I don't get ticked if Ferrari comes out with a new supercar and it's $350,000 and I can't afford it. And I don't post in the Ferrari forums "this is ridiculous. I can get a Z06 Vette for 25% of that price. There is no justification for the Ferrari to cost that much." It is what it is, and it AIN'T in my price range... end of story. Now that Z06 on the other hand....

Sh!t... Give John a break. You know how expensive its gotta be taking out movie stars and models? It's not like he can get away with taking 'em on dates to Pantera Bread.
Take it from someone who knows!

There should be a thread just listing the things you can do instead of buying a J-mod half stack. I would buy (2)Jp-2c's, run em in stereo, and book an apointment with Kendra Lust for an hour.

Absolutely, the common theme is Mayer, he is the reason it is so costly. You watch these PRS videos and they are essentially cheesy sales videos, Mayer is clearly putting forward a sales pitch to people for why this amp should be so expensive. To me the Mayer brand is aimed at making as much money as possible, just like when he started out writing all this corny love song music aimed at young girls, he is a businessman and he charges top dollar wherever he goes.

It all makes sense now why he isn't with Fender anymore. He probably wanted more royalties from the sales of his sig model and Fender probably told him to stick it. His Fender sig was quite affordable.

They'll probably make enough on them to cover the cost of development. Maybe.

But this scoops up Mayer as a total PRS guy, which likely sells a bit more of all their gear.

I'm telling you, give me nothing more than a 50 watt Archon head with flamed maple, or even no flamed maple and I'll get one from Elvis, and I'll endorse the heck out of the Archon. Think of the ad line "If the Archon is so good it makes THIS GUY sound good, just imagine how good you'll sound through one!" Dude, that would sell some amps! I'd even borrow Sergio's wig for the ad photo shoot if I had too!

Absolutely, the common theme is Mayer, he is the reason it is so costly. You watch these PRS videos and they are essentially cheesy sales videos, Mayer is clearly putting forward a sales pitch to people for why this amp should be so expensive. To me the Mayer brand is aimed at making as much money as possible, just like when he started out writing all this corny love song music aimed at young girls, he is a businessman and he charges top dollar wherever he goes.

It all makes sense now why he isn't with Fender anymore. He probably wanted more royalties from the sales of his sig model and Fender probably told him to stick it. His Fender sig was quite affordable.

Oh yeah, he must be making a TON of money from these limited guitars and amps, I mean there was what, 100 Super Eagles? He must be making millions out of this deal!

I'm telling you, give me nothing more than a 50 watt Archon head with flamed maple, or even no flamed maple and I'll get one from Elvis, and I'll endorse the heck out of the Archon. Think of the ad line "If the Archon is so good it makes THIS GUY sound good, just imagine how good you'll sound through one!" Dude, that would sell some amps! I'd even borrow Sergio's wig for the ad photo shoot if I had too!

If I send you the maple panel, will you get the amp already?

Back