John Mayer and PRS AMPS - "new model almost ready for production"?

themike

I think someone's all in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more than a little excited that Mr. Mayer is digging some PRS action. He drives Land Rover Defenders too, so I sorta get all the pickups switches. There's a lot to be said for a truck (or guitar) that will 'go' anywhere you want to go.

I am very interested in learning more about the amp circuit they're creating.

That was pretty cool.

PRS merging into the Grateful Dead world... some of my favorite things!

Meh….John Mayer does not got a lot of street fred in CT. Most people thunk of him as somewhat of a hometown fraud…..

Meh….John Mayer does not got a lot of street fred in CT. Most people thunk of him as somewhat of a hometown fraud…..
Every successful musician has his/her share of haters. Some are significantly less educated than others.

Even the haters can't deny his pure musical ability. The dude just knows what note to hit at what time.

Totally agree with the talent part. As a matter of fact, his focus on the blues has made him a much better player. I think the people of the state feel a bit slighted because they supported him for years playing in the really dive bars in dangerous parts of Bridgeport and now that he is a big star, has never really payed it forward at all and I think people resent that a bit. If he did one free show at the Leavitt pavilion like keith richards or tina weymouth does once in a while, he would be a hero of the state. Raising funding for music education would be a big hit as well.

Woah!!! Just saw an ad on TV with John playing his PRS for the upcoming tour. Had no idea he joined the dark side and was so excited I jumped here to find out more. Took me out of my 2 year hiatus from the forum. This is going to be great for PRS. :vroam:
I am about to impulse buy tickets for their Dead & Company show in Philly. I have to see and hear him playing that guitar live.

I am glad to see John using and helping to develop PRS equipment. There aren't too many musicians out there that can a) play the blues b) finger-pick with some of the best c) compose and arrange songs with, in many cases, quite sophisticated chords and d)sing well.

As Les mentioned, he gets great tone out of his instrument. John had dabbled a while back with a PRS Hollowbody (not sure which model). I happened to see him playing it on the Herbie Hancock video - Possibilities (the song was Stitched Up). This video must be over 5 years old by now

I am hoping PRS and John form a long lasting relationship.

Totally agree with the talent part. As a matter of fact, his focus on the blues has made him a much better player. I think the people of the state feel a bit slighted because they supported him for years playing in the really dive bars in dangerous parts of Bridgeport and now that he is a big star, has never really payed it forward at all and I think people resent that a bit. If he did one free show at the Leavitt pavilion like keith richards or tina weymouth does once in a while, he would be a hero of the state. Raising funding for music education would be a big hit as well.

Would you want to go back to Bridgeport?!?!?! I cringe just driving through it. My buddy used to work there and I'd hear the stories.

Back