John Mann SE Phase II tuners

BMiller

Does anyone have experience with the John Mann SE tuners converted to Phase II's?

I'm seriously considering them for my SE Tremonti Custom as it will be my 2nd stage guitar when my #1 goes to PTC for some TLC.

Thoughts?

I can't speak from experience but I have heard they are the best drop in locking replacement for the SE. You can buy Schaller and others on Amazon that are drop in but the locking mechanism is different.

You can buy others from PRS made for other guitars but that requires you to drill some holes.

If I had tuning problems with my SE I would go John Mann.

Ha! Untrue! I saw on Instagram (maybe Saturday or Sunday) that John is making f@ckin' wings again!!!!!!!!! I lost my sh!t. There was a video an' everything.
Now that would be cool, as we know you are the wingman around here.
I have only seen pics of them on here, never on an old PRS guitar in person.

I had John do the conversion for my SE One. Definitely worth it!!

Thanks Toothace! I guess I'm going to be finding out for myself as a set are due to arrive here on Friday....just in time for my normally scheduled string change and cleaning...

I received the John Mann tuners yesterday and just finished installing them a bit ago. So far they are great and pretty much just like the American Phase II's. Stringing was quick, easy, and solid.

As of now, I highly recommend these! Plus, John will either give you a store credit or a check for your stock SE tuners.

Definitely want to buy some for my incoming Holcomb se ....black or nickel works for me lol

Just an update for those that are interested in the John Mann SE Phase II tuners. After playing the guitar and abusing the trem for sometime, I can honestly say that I would recommend these as an upgrade to any SE trem user. I'm not a big trem user, but certain songs require a lot of it ,"Hungry Like The Wolf" for example (which requires a fast return to zero). In the past, the guitar couldn't handle the task and now it can. Still running the stock nut and trem and have no real need to replace either.

Although......I'm thinking about getting the Mann made bridge for it. But that's not due to tuning issues......

@John Mann - Thank you for the wonderful tuners and excellent service! I'm still on the fence about getting a full bridge replacement or just going the upgrade route......

I did the full bridge replacement on my SE CU 24 30Anni. I believe the notes have more definition after the switch. I was surprised at the difference in sound, for the better.

Another recent customer here, confirming all of the positive feedback. Whether you use a trem or not, these are an upgrade for everyone, especially if you ever need to change a string on stage. My lazy side is appeased...changing strings takes less time, now. :D Big thumbs-up!

tunermod.jpg

Well if the full bridge replacement makes a difference for the better than I'm in on it. The guitar sounds good as it is.....but if I can coax a bit more out of it then I will!

And since this guitar will never be put on the sale/trade block (it was a birthday gift from my incredible wife!), I don't mind dropping money into it. So on the birthday gift list a new trem goes! Now I just have to wait until May.

Well if the full bridge replacement makes a difference for the better than I'm in on it. The guitar sounds good as it is.....but if I can coax a bit more out of it then I will!

And since this guitar will never be put on the sale/trade block (it was a birthday gift from my incredible wife!), I don't mind dropping money into it. So on the birthday gift list a new trem goes! Now I just have to wait until May.

Do it! I put two on a couple of project CE's. They rock!

Back