JM-PRS Strat....coming soon?

I've always wanted one of those Hohner Teles he used in Purple Rain myself... I played a couple replicas that were okay, but they weighed more than I could live with... maybe someday...

I was thinking the same thing!

FYI, Warmoth did a couple of custom runs of this tele body complete with binding and middle strip, including leopard print pickguard.

old_and_new_prince1.jpg

457560001.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah you are right but I think the group that is only buying a strat because of Hendrix and or Stevie is a group that nobody can touch... Until they walk to the light on their own. These are the same guys who see my PRS at the tech desk and have to be asked if they want to play it because they, to quote several of them, are scared that they will like it. Lol. One guy was a Fender player for 40 years but he finally touched a PRS because his last 4 Fenders wouldnt stay in tune. These are the same guys who have no comeback when you show them videos of Hendrix playing a Gibson, SRV playing a Japanese version of a no name guitar and BB playing a strat. PRS himself needs to make his best effort to show these folks that they are missing out. Whether they choose to jump ship or not is up to them but he can certainly make it a harder choice.

I guess it’s official now... that PRS dude made it ‘a harder choice’.

Back