Jake Owen and his JA-15

shinksma

What? I get a title?
So I mentioned in a separate thread that I had seen Jake Owen playing what I thought was a JA-15. And it was. This isn't my image, obviously, but I use it for reference only for the headstock.

jake-owen-performs-onstage-during-beautykind-unites-concert-for-at-picture-id657893364

Now at first most JA-15s I came across, image-wise, had the old-school Santana headstock, whereas the JA-15 Jake plays has the "horned" headstock. But I have since found this old forum thread that features the same headstock:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/whats-happened-to-prs-ja-15.16819/

So my question is this: how many JA-15s were made with the horned headstock vs the Santana/old style headstock? I kinda like the one Jake plays, color too.

Old headstock style, for ref:

prs-guitars-ja15-paul-jackson-guitar.jpg

Just curious, and I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Electric Guitars forum of here...

I've never seen a seafoam green JA-15 for sale -- but I have to admit, I've only been looking for the last year or so. That picture that Les posted isn't a JA-15, it's a Private Stock Singlecut Archtop. So Jake's is the only one I've seen.

Also, in answer to your question, I've only ever seen the old style headstock.

This thread is not helping my GAS (or rather, it is greatly aiding and abetting it!), and I started it!

Now I want a seafoam green PRS, preferably something like a JA-15. I almost bought a seafoam green (orig core) Mira earlier this year...

Back