It's So Slow Around Here, I'm Gonna Kick Y'all In The NAD(s)!

Careful, bro. Dude seems like he's being nice, but he's got the bone structure of Evel Knieval. When he says, "break a leg", he might be being literal! :D

No, the nice is genuine...I am a Southern Gentleman, no I don't sound like Foghorn Leghorn when I speak? Unless, I'm around a pack of ignorant rednecks...I try not to let them know that I can read and I don't use anything over two syllable words...that seems to really agitate them? Bodia did hit the nail on the head. It's true...I do in fact have a metal endo skeleton...Because of me, The Terminator has developed a crippling Inferiority Complex. Now all my friends call me, Lightning...Lightning Rod, no my name is not Rod and no they are not my friends...

Last edited:
And lawn darts. Remember them??

I did. At least that's what my diary says - the last entry where they're mentioned says I'm about to go play lawn darts with the bully I'd finally won over. Can't find any mention of them after that day.

True. But, it comes closer to being that than any amp does. That's for sure. And, this comes from a guy that is thinking about selling his Kemper.
Is yours the only house on the block with a revolving door? How else could you shovel the gear in and out? :D

Is yours the only house on the block with a revolving door? How else could you shovel the gear in and out? :D

Loading dock.

I got one of those things out front like the old buildings downtown. They lift the gate, I send the freight elevator up to street level, load it up, and send it back to the basement.

This amp is starting to grow on me, big time.

I won't lie, I thought perhaps I made a mistake trading for it. It's weird, it's more of a long slow build rather than a whirlwind love affair. My last amp was a quickie kinda thing, I lusted after it, got it home, liked it, then loved it, peaked, and then plateaued rather fast before dropping off the edge.

I just hope I don't really really love this amp forever... cause the matching cabinet is kinda pricey.

This amp is starting to grow on me, big time.

Patience is the companion of wisdom.

— Aurelius Augustinus, ca. 400 A.D.

I just hope I don't really really love this amp forever... cause the matching cabinet is kinda pricey.

Das beste oder nichts.

— Gottlieb Daimler, ca. 1886

It seriously enhances the tone of the amplifier; it’s light and strong due to the finger jointed pine construction; it’s nicely made; and it looks the business.

An expensive thing can be a relative bargain if you wind up using it for a long time, right?

Don’t ask me about the overdrive/boost I found that after nearly 4 years of searching, seems to match up with it best. Because it’s also expensive.

Last edited:
I have the prettiest amp ever! A Sweet 16 Paisley Combo! Rare as hen's teeth. Almost as pretty as my avatar.

Back