It's 2018: which PRS gets most of your attention?

My main (and only) PRS is my '03 CE24 in Blue Matteo. Hoping to add another older CE24 in Emerald Green sometime soon.

Last edited:
Is this where I tell Jim again that there's a Santana NF out there, just calling his name?

Now that I'm somewhere I can easily get at pics, here's proof!

ecQw67i.jpg

No it wasn't. It was a peavey and it came in a flight case. The band I was in at that time had two guitar players and the other guitarist had a carvin double neck. His was natural and the one I bought was black, we did a double double neck gimmick. It got real old real fast.
Oh gotcha thats gnarly

I’ve got to measure them but by my eye, I can only fit one nickel under the bridge bass side strings and I can’t fit the nickel under the treble strings. I can fit 2 nickels stacked under bass sides of neck and middle pickup and only 1 nickel on the treble side of each. There is more room under the middle treble side than under the neck treble side.

Basically, I pulled out my stock SAS NF and tried to mimic the heights.

Strings open or fretted? I'm going to check mine when I get home tonight because I've never touched them.

Not vs. - blend.
SAS NF and Santana are essential elements to a properly balanced collection.
Casi1 needs a Santana and Bodia needs a 3 pack of NF.

And I might need a swamp ash Santana. I might even channel my inner Tosca and toss in a piezo. Luckily I have a spare HB and CU24 to trade for it.

But this would mean.... I need both! An SAS NF or Studio AND at least one Santana. I need a second job.

Open.

Yeah, please let me know what yours measure out to be. Maybe mine could be better.
So, one nickel with open strings... wouldn't fretting above the 12th almost make the stings hit the pickups? Don't think mine are *that* high... but I'll verify.

Back