It's 2018: which PRS gets most of your attention?

my only PRS now =( but it's a good one

lFzkyVd.jpg

Ted's rock so good!

Lol. I smell ‘PRS trust’ issues.

o_O

We can have one big guitar party. Me, you, bodia, the wives... In broad daylight. In a public place.

Just sayin

Oh she definitely has "PRS Trust" issues. She see's that look in my eyes, and she remembers that look from a long time ago! :p More disturbingly she see's a grown man drool. :D I have to be careful to make sure there are not other women around when I see a really awesome PRS. We saw a gorgeous artist package 594 recently, and when I showed it to her, she told me to wipe the drool from my chin. I actually checked to make sure she was only kidding. :)

As for the Bodia thing, he's been trying to tempt me with these Santana models for a while now. And I "may" end up loving them once I get to try some. But I already know I love the looks and tones form a SAS and from NF pickups so those are in the immediate danger zone.

I'll bring a Santana along and ruin both of you.....BWAHAHAHAhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for OPQ, at this point, the NF3 and C24 divide my attention for #1. If forced by the ticklemonster to pick one, it would be the NF3.

Dude, we must have the same ears. We are so cool.

:cool:

I just had a good look at my SAS NF and realized my pickups were WAY too high. The bridge ring already naturally sits much higher than the neck and middle ... so I dropped all of them and the guitar sounds so much better now. I couldn’t find any pup height specifics for the narrow fields but my neck and middle are about even now.

One year ago in January I bought the Paul's in my profile pic you see here. I love it. Instantly became my favorite guitar of my 8 or so I have. Then a year later, nearly to the day, I bought this HB I. I only went in the store to get an idea of what a PRS HB was like because I was looking at one on Reverb. I instantly fell in love. I ended up buying it. Since then I practically have to beat myself to force me to play anything else, including the Paul's! The Paul's was 50% more money. But the "desert island question" is definitely my Whale Blue HB I. Nothing else is close. It isn't just the weight. I can't answer what it is.

Whale1.jpg
Glad you found the one that floats your boat, after all the looking you did. I call dibs if you ever become senile and sell it. After all, it's blue....................

You'd better leave me out of this. My wife is always trying to pawn me off to some other unsuspecting and unlucky female.

I was just thinking, if my wife saw that PRS collection, she might just admit defeat and do the same
I'll bring a Santana along and ruin both of you.....BWAHAHAHAhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EVIL!

Dude, we must have the same ears. We are so cool.

:cool:

I just had a good look at my SAS NF and realized my pickups were WAY too high. The bridge ring already naturally sits much higher than the neck and middle ... so I dropped all of them and the guitar sounds so much better now. I couldn’t find any pup height specifics for the narrow fields but my neck and middle are about even now.

Oh, we're cool for sure. I had no idea when I bought that "plain Jane" NF3 that it would be one of the greatest all around guitars I'd ever played.

So what are your distances to strings now?

So Casi and SAS NFs, vs. Jim and Santana's. Normally I'd say no contest, but he does have two other things on his side. Archon+ATMA. Two world beaters. That would kind of even it back out, so now it's down to who has the coolest shoes.

Easy. Casi1 has the coolest shoes.

And the coolest guitar straps.

And the coolest hair.

Need I say more?

So Casi and SAS NFs, vs. Jim and Santana's. Normally I'd say no contest, but he does have two other things on his side. Archon+ATMA. Two world beaters. That would kind of even it back out, so now it's down to who has the coolest shoes.

Is this where I tell Jim again that there's a Santana NF out there, just calling his name?

Oh, we're cool for sure. I had no idea when I bought that "plain Jane" NF3 that it would be one of the greatest all around guitars I'd ever played.

So what are your distances to strings now?

I’ve got to measure them but by my eye, I can only fit one nickel under the bridge bass side strings and I can’t fit the nickel under the treble strings. I can fit 2 nickels stacked under bass sides of neck and middle pickup and only 1 nickel on the treble side of each. There is more room under the middle treble side than under the neck treble side.

Basically, I pulled out my stock SAS NF and tried to mimic the heights.

Easy. Casi1 has the coolest shoes.

And the coolest guitar straps.

And the coolest hair.

Need I say more?

Okay...so it's official...Casi1 will cut a b!tch :eek:;)

Simmer down there sassy pants! I will give you a run for your money on shoes and straps. I will concede the hair though since I rock the chrome dome.

Been a while since we had a good knife fight around here....

So Casi and SAS NFs, vs. Jim and Santana's.
Not vs. - blend.
SAS NF and Santana are essential elements to a properly balanced collection.
Casi1 needs a Santana and Bodia needs a 3 pack of NF.

And I might need a swamp ash Santana. I might even channel my inner Tosca and toss in a piezo. Luckily I have a spare HB and CU24 to trade for it.

Last edited:
Back