It's 2018: which PRS gets most of your attention?

There are two PRS guitars to get my attention, the reason there is two, one is acoustic and one is electric.

My electric is my favorite 1990 custom 24 I’ve had forever !!!

My acoustic is my 2012 Tonare Grand, look at all that love around the sound hole. I guess I should have put a clear pick guard on it but on the other hand guitars are meant to be played , not abused, just played and played hard!

My whale blue custom 24 is no stranger to its scratches and chips. Here they are.......
Ev934L3.jpg

3szL60E.jpg

Z6UtvpH.jpg

ohPFQZK.jpg
RLoGcXm.jpg
Yup...
Play 'em!
YOLO!!!

BUT

If I were gonna be stranded on a desert island where, for some unknown reason, I’d be required to gig every night (to various styles of music)... I’d take the Swamp Ash Special Narrowfield AND/OR the 408. Those two guitars could cover all the tones anyone could ever need for all eternity.
Yes, THIS is the answer! And I’m just saying... two SAS NFs, and a DC3... if you weren’t a GIRL, I’d be inviting myself over!!! (DARN YOU! ). :)

I just had some new discovery with the NF3 tonight and the Bogner and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE an SAS Studio or NF. The 60s channel on the ATMA would LOVE them as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
boBDOKu.jpg
I'm gonna go with this one. As you can tell I'm pretty fond of it....My Chris Robertson Signiture SE...

rirZuPe.jpg

And it's my one and only at the moment...

HOLY CRAP does that look awesome!!!! That is a GREAT pic!!!!!!!! (The first one, that is. The second looks kinda goofy! HAHAHAHAHA.). That first pic is great, home skillet!

Yes, THIS is the answer! And I’m just saying... two SAS NFS, and a DC3... if you weren’t a GIRL, I’d be inviting myself over!!! (DARN YOU! ). :)

I just had some new discovery with the NF3 tonight and the Bogner and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE an SAS Studio or NF. The 60s channel on the ATMA would LOVE them as well!

What? I can’t come over because I’m a girl and You can’t come over because I’m a girl? Isn’t that like some form of reverse sideways discrimination or something?

Lets not let a little thing like the fact that I have ovaries get in the way of the PRS love.

:oops:

It’s a cold cold world.

What? I can’t come over because I’m a girl? Isn’t that like some form of reverse sideways discrimination or something?

Lets not let a little thing like the fact that I have ovaries get in the way of the PRS love.

:oops:

It’s a cold cold world.
Oh, YOU could come over, I said I couldn’t invite myself over to your place. My wife would NEVER trust me around those guitars, much less those guitars and another woman! :) Heck, she wouldn’t let me to go Bodias house to check out those guitars. Trust me, I’ve showed her so many SAS’s that she probably thinks I’d sell my soul to the devil for one! (Not really, but you get my point).

Oh, YOU could come over, I said I couldn’t invite myself over to your place. My wife would NEVER trust me around those guitars, much less those guitars and another woman! :) Heck, she wouldn’t let me to go Bodias house to check out those guitars. Trust me, I’ve showed her so many SAS’s that she probably thinks I’d sell my soul to the devil for one! (Not really, but you get my point).

Lol. I smell ‘PRS trust’ issues.

o_O

We can have one big guitar party. Me, you, bodia, the wives... In broad daylight. In a public place.

Just sayin

Last edited:
I don't usually like very ornate tops but this is something special. I could stare into it's depths for hours.

It actually started it's life as "natural." However, we mutually agreed that this top needed something more to make the burl figuring pop. Several different cool samples were created, but I just couldn't keep my eyes off of this (revised) stain.

This is what it looked like with Naptha, but it didn't translate under finish:

So, we went to plan B.

Last edited:
One year ago in January I bought the Paul's in my profile pic you see here. I love it. Instantly became my favorite guitar of my 8 or so I have. Then a year later, nearly to the day, I bought this HB I. I only went in the store to get an idea of what a PRS HB was like because I was looking at one on Reverb. I instantly fell in love. I ended up buying it. Since then I practically have to beat myself to force me to play anything else, including the Paul's! The Paul's was 50% more money. But the "desert island question" is definitely my Whale Blue HB I. Nothing else is close. It isn't just the weight. I can't answer what it is.

Whale1.jpg

One year ago in January I bought the Paul's in my profile pic you see here. I love it. Instantly became my favorite guitar of my 8 or so I have. Then a year later, nearly to the day, I bought this HB I. I only went in the store to get an idea of what a PRS HB was like because I was looking at one on Reverb. I instantly fell in love. I ended up buying it. Since then I practically have to beat myself to force me to play anything else, including the Paul's! The Paul's was 50% more money. But the "desert island question" is definitely my Whale Blue HB I. Nothing else is close. It isn't just the weight. I can't answer what it is.

Whale1.jpg

Nice! What genre(s) of music do you play? If you absolutely had to put your finger on why you reach for the HB, what would you say?

o_O

We can have one big guitar party. Me, you, bodia, the wives... In broad daylight. In a public place.

Just sayin

Oh she definitely has "PRS Trust" issues. She see's that look in my eyes, and she remembers that look from a long time ago! :p More disturbingly she see's a grown man drool. :D I have to be careful to make sure there are not other women around when I see a really awesome PRS. We saw a gorgeous artist package 594 recently, and when I showed it to her, she told me to wipe the drool from my chin. I actually checked to make sure she was only kidding. :)

As for the Bodia thing, he's been trying to tempt me with these Santana models for a while now. And I "may" end up loving them once I get to try some. But I already know I love the looks and tones form a SAS and from NF pickups so those are in the immediate danger zone.

As for OPQ, at this point, the NF3 and C24 divide my attention for #1. If forced by the ticklemonster to pick one, it would be the NF3.

o_O

Just sayin

You'd better leave me out of this. My wife is always trying to pawn me off to some other unsuspecting and unlucky female.

Back