It all makes sense

Shizzrock

Many of you have probably seen this already, but I watched it again and it dawned on me why PRSi have been so consistently great throughout their history. The process has never changed. Even as they got bigger and bigger, they kept the same process, so basically a new PRS is made exactly like one from 1985. Sure, they have CNC and pickup winders, but they never changed the process. You can even see a lot of the same stuff in their factory right now, like the guitar holders. That's all.

Soooo very cool! Nothing beats a killer story of someone with the odds against them. A person that has the intestinal fortitude to never quit even when they prevail! I can't get enough of it. The coolest part i
To me is watching PRSh, he still gets a twinkle in his eye when he discusses this stuff. His passion for all aspects of these glorious instruments...bleeds thru everytime! A lot of people give credit to a particular guitarist for inspiring them to pick a guitar up to begin with. I credit the man that put the birds on the rosewood, his imposible to hide excitement, and his passion for all things guitar as the absolute reason I finally decided I was finally ready to commit to this incredible journey! So, I say thank you to Mr. Paul Smith for not giving up on his vision...I for one, am a better person because of it.

Many of you have probably seen this already, but I watched it again and it dawned on me why PRSi have been so consistently great throughout their history. The process has never changed. Even as they got bigger and bigger, they kept the same process, so basically a new PRS is made exactly like one from 1985. Sure, they have CNC and pickup winders, but they never changed the process. You can even see a lot of the same stuff in their factory right now, like the guitar holders. That's all.

My thoughts seeing this are mostly along the lines, wow that dupli-carver looks like very hard work. Thanks for posting - there's relatively little about the old factory floating around so it's always fun to see how they were made back in the day.

Back