Is the string spacing....

dazco

....on the USA trems vs the SE trems wider? I love the way my SE plays, and part of that is the wide neck. But i can't help wondering if it would be even better with wider string spacing because the SE E strings are both WAY inward of the fingerboard edge. I know fender generally uses less wide spacing on thier import models than the usa models. Does PRS do this as well? Ind if so, do they sell the USA trems seperately?

I think they may...

One of the reasons I changed the nut on my Bernie (As opposed to just having the slots widened) was that I - and the tech - felt there was too much real estate left at the outer edges. Just seemed like a waste so I had it widened when the Tusq nut was fitted.

I think they may...

One of the reasons I changed the nut on my Bernie (As opposed to just having the slots widened) was that I - and the tech - felt there was too much real estate left at the outer edges. Just seemed like a waste so I had it widened when the Tusq nut was fitted.

Thats the other 1/2 of th equation and i fully expect to do that IF the USA trem is wider and i can and do get one.

Thanks. How about the construction ? Do u know if they are they different as far as materials or are they the same bridge ?
Different materials e.g. SE steel block vs USA brass block (except some models e.g. DC3), quality is not as good either (e.g. casting/finishing)

Thanks. How about the construction ? Do u know if they are they different as far as materials or are they the same bridge ?

They're steel blocks and the brass is cast rather than being milled.. The functionality can be the same, but they are very different bridges... but then again not all PRS bridges are created equal.

Oops! Justin beat me to it.

They're steel blocks and the brass is cast rather than being milled.. The functionality can be the same, but they are very different bridges... but then again not all PRS bridges are created equal.

Oops! Justin beat me to it.

Anyone swap a USA to a SE, and if so what were the results?

Thats the other 1/2 of th equation and i fully expect to do that IF the USA trem is wider and i can and do get one.

Doh... I just read about string spacing rather than the fact you where specifically referring to the trem. But yes, as John says it's the same spacing.

Do wish companies would use the same specs between US and import models...

Brain tickler....

I just machined up some solid brass blocks specially designed to fit the SE trems...
lQQk on my website in the next few days ...

Brain tickler....

I just machined up some solid brass blocks specially designed to fit the SE trems...
lQQk on my website in the next few days ...

Bangin'!
Next step: SE trem arms that don't stick up in the weird way that they do......with tips!

Oh!.. And 24 packs of those 1980 spec saddles. :girl:

Back