Is relic'ing a fad, or is it here to stay? (Spoiler: not a fad, yes here to stay, but come chat)

Works great on in-laws with high blood pressure too.

I like my dad-in-law though, he’s my guitar buddy! And he has high blood pressure!

I've decided relics are OK, even this one by an amateur. Took me 40 years, but I think it's good now.
CK_187GhettoBassHornDetailAAA.JPG

Close up, it looks like a snake!

The finge benefit is that when she gets tired of one of the area rugs, I can use it for the band! :D

(After just saying that out loud, the look on her face said, ‘no f-in way’)

When I wanted to take one of ours down to my studio, I got the eye-daggers. I was told to buy one of my own. o_O

It was my first of many Sudio Decor Shopping at Pottery Barn episodes. In fact, I was there yesterday.

You know what the problem is with PB? They’ve diabolically arranged it so that anything there automatically matches and goes with everything else there.

So you walk in, and no matter what you see, it goes with something else you already have, and you think, “hey, that’d look good in my [insert name of room].”

And you get the itch to pull out your wallet.

The only drawback is that so many other people have the same addiction that you sometimes walk into a friend’s house and see your exact room replicated. That can either feel super-friendly, or a little disconcerting...:eek:

These days, however, their stuff seems to suit our more casual lifestyle, and in general, it’s well-made. So I’m good with it, even if it’s in every mall in the universe...:rolleyes:

When I wanted to take one of ours down to my studio, I got the eye-daggers. I was told to buy one of my own. o_O

It was my first of many Sudio Decor Shopping at Pottery Barn episodes. In fact, I was there yesterday.

You know what the problem is with PB? They’ve diabolically arranged it so that anything there automatically matches and goes with everything else there.

So you walk in, and no matter what you see, it goes with something else you already have, and you think, “hey, that’d look good in my [insert name of room].”

And you get the itch to pull out your wallet.

The only drawback is that so many other people have the same addiction that you sometimes walk into a friend’s house and see your exact room replicated. That can either feel super-friendly, or a little disconcerting...:eek:

These days, however, their stuff seems to suit our more casual lifestyle, and in general, it’s well-made. So I’m good with it, even if it’s in every mall in the universe...:rolleyes:

I feel you! Except instead of PB it’s this place called West Elm which makes these cheap@ss mid century modern knock offs.

We’re starting to see their stuff at other over-the-hill hipster couples houses, and it makes me like our stuff a little less. Not that I was all that enthralled by it in the first place because I have some older family that has the real deal Eames and Herman Miller sh!t.

So my new plan is to wait for them to get old and then be real helpful when their kids need to clean out their homes... it’s a bit predatory but, they all showed up when my mom passed away for her junk so, tit for tat, I guess.

Meanwhile.... there’s always Crate & Barrel to visit on weekends, and their obnoxious children’s off shoot, Land of Nod to throw money at.

Back