Is relic'ing a fad, or is it here to stay? (Spoiler: not a fad, yes here to stay, but come chat)

Here is a lightly aged 594 from Private Stock. I love the block bird inlays.
ncgBbNp.jpg

Kaqaldp.jpg
ulkUsZ1.jpg
I need a cigarette after that...:p

I always try to buy all my stuff already beaten up. I mean, for example, who wants a shiny new car? I always have the dealership bust the windshield and scratch the paint up real good before delivery.
It's kind of apples and oranges. Yes I want a shiny new car but old beat up guitars are as good or better than new ones.

I hate strats, trems and relic-ing, but Fender have this new relic’d Strat in a colour called Sky Burst Metallic and I really really like it. I can only hope they make a non-relic’d Tele in this colour someday.

rsLL7wf.jpg

Could just be the photograph, but that colour sure looks alot like the placid blue metallic they do on the standard mexican guitars, in which case the tele does indeed have that finish and they look ace in person

Could just be the photograph, but that colour sure looks alot like the placid blue metallic they do on the standard mexican guitars, in which case the tele does indeed have that finish and they look ace in person

I had a lake placid blue tele once, flipped it in favour of the black paisley fsr. I think its the edge burst that makes the above photo pop.

I always try to buy all my stuff already beaten up. I mean, for example, who wants a shiny new car? I always have the dealership bust the windshield and scratch the paint up real good before delivery.
I’ll be sure to put on a huge belt buckle before leaning against your car next time. :eek:

The good thing about relics is that I can ignore caution while playing it and no one would know any different. In theory, it should never drop in value due to condition. But all I have is honest wear on mine (non-relics, other than me).

Yeah, there’s nothing like that old treasure you lucked into at a flea market...

That would be the flea market at...Pottery Barn, right, Les?

“Um..maybe.”
Would that be from the “days of yore” or from “yesteryear?” !!

Pottery Barn greets Mrs. B by first name when she arrives. o_O The finge benefit is that when she gets tired of one of the area rugs, I can use it for the band! :D

(After just saying that out loud, the look on her face said, ‘no f-in way’)

Back