Is it just me or...

would anyone like to see the Westie in the S2 or Core lineup.

I would like to see it as a standard hog or standard plain maple body. Regular core options are fine also. but possibly a plain maple top, which would look great with all those amazing PRS colors. Soapbars or 58 15 LT pups and moon inlays. Simple, less is more approach.

I would easily by two or three! Anyone else?

IMHO, part of the mystique of the Westie is that it is not a common PRS instrument - it was a limited run of a special kind of guitar. I don't think there is the demand for a core or S2 model: once the few dozen of us that have GAS for one got one, there wouldn't be many other frequent sales - most folks would go for the nice flamed maple-topped Santanas. Anyone looking for a cheaper alternative might consider the SE Santana Standard.

But who know? I'm sure if PRS thought there was sufficient potential sales, they would do it.

I think they would sell. The Vela holds its own and it is a unique body style. The Westie is a classic guitar design and the Santana is an Artist Guitar, which I like, but mot for everyone. A Westie model has its own identity and is a signature PRS body style. I just think it could be an anchor model like the C24.

I just think it could be an anchor model like the C24.

In all seriousness, I think that'd be great.
I also really hope the SE Santana Standard goes to the Korean updated specs eventually, it'd be an irresistible mod platform for me. A thicker 24 fret Mira with a term would be rad too. A Semi Hollow.... IDK, I want all the Santana/West St. shaped stuff.

Back