Is a hollowbody my next?

Egad, some beauties there, with the spruce and the green and the dark purple...I especially like the green...okay, AND the dark purple...

You deserve 2 HB's at least, in terms of a weight for weight trade. A pair of both spruce and HB ii would be pretty sweet ;)

Weight for weight trade! That R9 is 9lb. Where do I sign? :D

Egad, some beauties there, with the spruce and the green and the dark purple...I especially like the green...okay, AND the dark purple...
The green one is a special order which was back when they'd let you ask for a special color on a production guitar. In 1999, when they first came out, they were offering conservative colors, vintage bursts and things like that which was something I wasn't interested in. What separates it from later production green HB1's is that it has green back when those usually have black backs. I would have ordered it with a piezo, but it predates the LR Baggs piezo systems by a year.

The dark purple one is a 1-off. Besides the quilted top, it sports a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and headstock veneer with paua inlays. It sat around for about a year in the basement of a local music store. Nobody had bothered to make the effort to take a good picture, and it hides what it is very well.

The green one is a special order which was back when they'd let you ask for a special color on a production guitar. In 1999, when they first came out, they were offering conservative colors, vintage bursts and things like that which was something I wasn't interested in. What separates it from later production green HB1's is that it has green back when those usually have black backs. I would have ordered it with a piezo, but it predates the LR Baggs piezo systems by a year.

The dark purple one is a 1-off. Besides the quilted top, it sports a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and headstock veneer with paua inlays. It sat around for about a year in the basement of a local music store. Nobody had bothered to make the effort to take a good picture, and it hides what it is very well.
Nice!

And whomever you leave it in your will, leave a note that tells them if they want to sell it, please offer it to me first. :p
(assuming I outlive you, which is a big assumption, as I just had two pieces of pizza, which is about two too many)

Back