Introduce yourself!

Hello! I'm brand new to the forum, but not to PRS Guitars! I currently own 4 (2 bought used, 2 new). They are a 2013 408 with a Brazilian Rosewood neck (Matteo Blue), 2007 Cu22 Artist top in Emerald, 2013 (?) NF-3 in Sky Blue, and a 2016 Wood Library Semi-hollow CU24 with a Rosewood neck in Obsidian Burst. Love them all, and all are VERY different sounding. I'm looking forward to learning lots more in this forum, and at the Experience PRS event in June.

I live in the Minneapolis area, work for local government, play as a hobby (and sanity check) and work in IT.

Hello! I'm brand new to the forum, but not to PRS Guitars! I currently own 4 (2 bought used, 2 new). They are a 2013 408 with a Brazilian Rosewood neck (Matteo Blue), 2007 Cu22 Artist top in Emerald, 2013 (?) NF-3 in Sky Blue, and a 2016 Wood Library Semi-hollow CU24 with a Rosewood neck in Obsidian Burst. Love them all, and all are VERY different sounding. I'm looking forward to learning lots more in this forum, and at the Experience PRS event in June.

I live in the Minneapolis area, work for local government, play as a hobby (and sanity check) and work in IT.

Welcome, Fred! That's a killer stable... please tell us you brought pictures. :D

Hey, Fred. I'm Bill, alias Eliminator Man. I live in Plymouth, about to retire. Play at home. I have a PRS CE24 which I got a week ago and a Gibson LP which I got last year. I'm an intermediate type blues/rock type player hoping to find some jams in retirement.

Hey, Fred. I'm Bill, alias Eliminator Man. I live in Plymouth, about to retire. Play at home. I have a PRS CE24 which I got a week ago and a Gibson LP which I got last year. I'm an intermediate type blues/rock type player hoping to find some jams in retirement.
Hi Bill! Nice to meet you! I live in Eden Praire, and have a few years until I retire! I do a bunch of camps with Rock Camp for Dads, in St Louis Park, and I have learned a TON, and its great fun! Lets keep in touch, maybe we can find (or set up) a weekly jam!

Wazzup everyone! Fellow music enthusiast here in Sunny Southern Cali.

Have 2 PRS as of now
- 2017 Custom 24 SE
- 2016 Tremonti Custom SE
Love both! Though I found the Tremonti a tad bit dark for my taste. Shes due for some pups soon. My Cu24 already had new pups installed.

Other Guitars- Epi LP Custom Prophecy, Jackson SLX3 and Schecter Omen Extreme FR plus my ever dearest Squire Affinity Strat thats been with me from the beginning .

Glad to be here!

Wazzup everyone! Fellow music enthusiast here in Sunny Southern Cali.

Have 2 PRS as of now
- 2017 Custom 24 SE
- 2016 Tremonti Custom SE
Love both! Though I found the Tremonti a tad bit dark for my taste. Shes due for some pups soon. My Cu24 already had new pups installed.

Other Guitars- Epi LP Custom Prophecy, Jackson SLX3 and Schecter Omen Extreme FR plus my ever dearest Squire Affinity Strat thats been with me from the beginning .

Glad to be here!
Welcome Eezee. You’ll end up with more than 2 PRSi if you linger on here for too long:D

Just bought a 2018 prs s2 custom 24 in violin Amber burst. I bought this after my brain surgery a month ago. Seeing My outlook in life is very different now, I decided to learn to play a guitar with my favorite guitar maker.

What’s up everyone? I’m in love with the finishes of PRSs. Everything I see online typically speaks highly of PRS. I received mine today a SE Zach Myers and I was a bit dissapointed. I’m planning to return it and hopefully swap for one I’m happier with but I’m joining the forum to do some more research and get more GAS!

Hi, my name is John. I used to hang out a bit on the PRS forums/Birds and Moons forum a long time ago.
Anyways, I've been using PRS guitars for years at this point. I still even have my first one, a CE-24 from a few years before they were initially discontinued.

2017 is now behind us and still I wait. At this point, I question whether I should wait further honestly. They've completely botched the "under promise, over deliver" mantra.

And now 1/4 of 2018 is behind me and still nothing. I've started looking for alternatives. Looking at a Collings CL Deluxe now. PRS may be a nice guitar but can't seem to deliver product in a timely manner. I keep hearing "any day now" but the days continue to roll pass.

Signing off. Peace all.

/a

Hello Everyone, My name is Kevin and am an intermediate level player I would estimate and enjoying my time playing and learning while taking lessons. I was a drummer for many years and stopped playing altogether about a decade ago due to loss of band member, good friend, and singer/songwriter of the three piece band to illness. I picked up playing again about a year and a half ago with guitar this time as it's easier to play in the house and thought I would keep his songs alive in time as I progress.

I also have the addiction :) hobby of collecting instruments mainly small amplifiers and guitars that is my only vice in this world, hey you got to have something right? I bought my first PRS today in an SE custom 24, Amethyst with pics to follow.

The reason I don't have a picture to put up is this guitar I ordered as I decked the tremolo by tightening the claw (Hope that's how you do it on these, I did not touch the six screws) then put some new strings, tens on as it came with slinky 9's.
My next step was to adjust the truss rod as I noticed even if I lowered the saddles they would bottom out and still not be low enough. Was ok, not great up till 5th fret then would buzz as you played further up the neck. Anyhow, the truss rod wrench is too large and will not fit. As you know these are not like strats which I have the most of which use an allen key. I have a LP classic but that wrench is too big as well.

So I have a beautiful brand new guitar that I can not play due to not being able to continue the set up because I don't have the correct tool. I tried a few places local and no luck. I'm about to try amazon to see if I can get one quick but at the same time I thought this was the store page when I searched but thought I would introduce myself at least. Anyone know a way I can swiftly take care of this? Kind of bummed as this is my first foray into this company and to get a brand new guitar with the wrong tools included in the case. Thank you ~Kevin

And now 1/4 of 2018 is behind me and still nothing. I've started looking for alternatives. Looking at a Collings CL Deluxe now. PRS may be a nice guitar but can't seem to deliver product in a timely manner. I keep hearing "any day now" but the days continue to roll pass.

Signing off. Peace all.

/a
There are long wait times for new order prs all over the planet. That's just the way of things. Why not buy one in stock at a store

Howdy neighbor!

:)

Hi, I'm Richard. I've been playing (learning....) for three years now and I've tried Strats, Teles, LPs, LPJs, , Mustangs, Jaguars and a modded Sheraton but not found anything I love as yet. I've got too many guitars for an ageing amateur with no time on his hands and I'm thinking of selling thee or four to fund a nice used PRS, either a Custom 24 or a DGT. So I've joined the obvious place to start learning about them.......

Edited to add I'm in London and a late starter at 62 - now 65 :)

Back