Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone!

I'm Josh, age 27, a budding artist wanting to actually learn to draw digitally and make a career out of it (trying to aim for more western cartoons and drawing furry stuff than anime despite what my avi might make you believe).

Also a music enthusiast who listen to a ton of stuff from death metal to thrash metal to jazz to post hardcore etc. Currently been into oldschool jazz rock, progressive rock, and post hardcore mood.

Played guitar since age 13 but never really properly practiced a lot to be honest. Though I started gaining interest again when I took guitar classes in college (despite a sort of egotistical teacher) back in 2010 I haven't practiced much since 2015 but lately I've decided to pick it up and try learning again.

Also, I don't watch much anime but I do enjoy some. My picks: Kaiba, Little Witch Academia (where the avi is from), and Angels Egg.

Edit: 3/13 Using a snip of one of my drawing to show a little bit of what I draw more or less.

Last edited:
Introduction time. I'm Dave currently residing in the North East of Scotland.
I've been playing guitar for well over 20 years and have a few nice guitars - Eric Johnson and David Gilmour Strats, Ibanez JS1000 and Jem BSB (in mint condition), Euphoria acoustic and a few others.

I also have an SE Tremonti Custom with SC245 pickups fitted and I've got a Silver Sky in Tungsten on order - no estimate of an arrival date yet but i'm not expecting it soon. Can't wait for it to arrive and take it's place n the collective.

Introduction time. I'm Dave currently residing in the North East of Scotland.
I've been playing guitar for well over 20 years and have a few nice guitars - Eric Johnson and David Gilmour Strats, Ibanez JS1000 and Jem BSB (in mint condition), Euphoria acoustic and a few others.

I also have an SE Tremonti Custom with SC245 pickups fitted and I've got a Silver Sky in Tungsten on order - no estimate of an arrival date yet but i'm not expecting it soon. Can't wait for it to arrive and take it's place n the collective.

Hi Dave! Great choices man! So, you had me with the a Gilmour Strat in particular..looking forward to seeing some family pics! We love pics! Welcome to the forum! I'm sure Alnus is stoked to have a fellow Scotsman in here as well! You'll have to pardon my haggis and kilt comments...but for now, a steadfast rule ...keep your kilt down at all times.:eek::D

ScottR - you notice i said currently residing, I'm not scottish.... I'm from Northumberland, so North of Hadrian's Wall and can be considered an honorary jock. I don't own a kilt and can't stand haggis so any comments are like water off a ducks back.
I have been up in the North of Scotland since 2001 though (apart from a 3 year holiday in Cyprus) so i've been here for a while.

Yeah the Gilmour is a great bit of kit and having a 7.25" neck radius tells me there'll be no problem with the Silver Sky.
I honestly don't get issue with the neck radius. As i pointed out to someone on facetube who was having a really good bleat about it - "John doesn't have a problem with it and there's loads of vids of him playing and bending with no issues. David Gilmour seems to manage perfectly well with it as well. Most of the people complaining probably haven't tried a 7.25" radius or can't bend a note". Never heard from him after that.

Hi everyone,

I just registered my first PRS guitar, an EC24, and lovin' it. Got it yesterday and fumbled around trying to get used to those high output pickups. Started making some nice sounds today. I'm 69 and have been fumbling around with guitars since the 70s. First electric, a strat. Last year I got an LP, very nice. Now the PRS. Playing through a Mesa Mark V 35. Also have a couple resonators, a couple flat tops and an arch top acoustic which my main guitar for 40 years. I guess I've made the conversion to electrics though. I"m a stay at home jammer, record some on a Boss BR800. I've become a gear head in the last couple of years. Never considered a PRS until I started listening to sound samples and reviews online and I got sold by the tone. The beauty ain't bad either, so I'm glad to be here. Hi!

Hi everyone,

I just registered my first PRS guitar, an EC24, and lovin' it. Got it yesterday and fumbled around trying to get used to those high output pickups. Started making some nice sounds today. I'm 69 and have been fumbling around with guitars since the 70s. First electric, a strat. Last year I got an LP, very nice. Now the PRS. Playing through a Mesa Mark V 35. Also have a couple resonators, a couple flat tops and an arch top acoustic which my main guitar for 40 years. I guess I've made the conversion to electrics though. I"m a stay at home jammer, record some on a Boss BR800. I've become a gear head in the last couple of years. Never considered a PRS until I started listening to sound samples and reviews online and I got sold by the tone. The beauty ain't bad either, so I'm glad to be here. Hi!

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on your first!

Hi all!
Engineer (roads, not trains) from Kentucky. 28 & have loved guitar as long as I can remember. Been picking around at it since I was 12 or so, but you wouldn't know it. Had a Squier Bullet then an Epiphone SG before piecing together a couple Warmoth Strats & buying one of the recently released Monterey Strats. I've been drooling over Custom 24s for 10+ years & have been wanting something with humbuckers, so I put in an order today to solve those problems, but that will wait for a separate post.

Hi everyone,

I just registered my first PRS guitar, an EC24, and lovin' it. Got it yesterday and fumbled around trying to get used to those high output pickups. Started making some nice sounds today. I'm 69 and have been fumbling around with guitars since the 70s. First electric, a strat. Last year I got an LP, very nice. Now the PRS. Playing through a Mesa Mark V 35. Also have a couple resonators, a couple flat tops and an arch top acoustic which my main guitar for 40 years. I guess I've made the conversion to electrics though. I"m a stay at home jammer, record some on a Boss BR800. I've become a gear head in the last couple of years. Never considered a PRS until I started listening to sound samples and reviews online and I got sold by the tone. The beauty ain't bad either, so I'm glad to be here.

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your first PRS! They are really like potato chips almost impossible to have just one!

Hi everyone,

Welcome EM. Please tell me you have a long beard?!;):rolleyes:

Oh by the way, I’m the resident “village idiot” so please feel free to make cheeky comments in return. Mine are all meant with no malice.

I love cheese!

Hi all!
Engineer (roads, not trains) from Kentucky. 28 & have loved guitar as long as I can remember. Been picking around at it since I was 12 or so, but you wouldn't know it. Had a Squier Bullet then an Epiphone SG before piecing together a couple Warmoth Strats & buying one of the recently released Monterey Strats. I've been drooling over Custom 24s for 10+ years & have been wanting something with humbuckers, so I put in an order today to solve those problems, but that will wait for a separate post.

Welcome to the forum! You chose wisely for your first!

Hi guys,

My name is Alex and I am a music lover. I started writing and singing my songs when I was a freshman at the university. At that time, I always need a guitar player for music accompaniment to support me. Hence, I've decided to learn how to play guitar. I'm so excited to find out and join this forum.

Back