Introduce yourself!

Hello all. I joined this forum because I want to add a double buck to my arsinal and I want a PRS, so I need to gather info on buying used and what to look for. I have never played a PRS, I have Fenders, HSS and SSS.
Blues and classic rock and nice clean tones are my objective. Thanks.

Hello all. I joined this forum because I want to add a double buck to my arsinal and I want a PRS, so I need to gather info on buying used and what to look for. I have never played a PRS, I have Fenders, HSS and SSS.
Blues and classic rock and nice clean tones are my objective. Thanks.
Welcome Rami

New old guy here.....use to have a ce24,sold it to fund a tweed deluxe build. Now I’m back with an SE One.....as a result of gassing for a Les Paul jr tone. This Guitar checks all my boxes.....it will get here this week and I’ll post back with pics.....or it didn’t happen right? At least that is the mantra over at tdpri. I’ll be asking questions after I get a few hours on it...
Cheers
ce24

New old guy here.....use to have a ce24,sold it to fund a tweed deluxe build. Now I’m back with an SE One.....as a result of gassing for a Les Paul jr tone. This Guitar checks all my boxes.....it will get here this week and I’ll post back with pics.....or it didn’t happen right? At least that is the mantra over at tdpri. I’ll be asking questions after I get a few hours on it...
Cheers
ce24
Welcome @ce24 , great score!

Hi, Guys
I'm Chao, a new member from Thailand. I play guitar as hobby and just be a fan of PRS since last year. Nice to see you all.
Cheers,

Welcome to the forum. Prepare yourself for guys who are really helpful and have a crazy sense of humour

Howdy, new guy here. My name is Joe and I haven’t played guitar in over 20 years. You know - life, kids, career and all that non-sense. I’m trying to deal with this mid-life crisis the best way possible. Last year I learned how to ride a motorcycle and bought one of those. I tried to get my daughter to start playing guitar but she wanted nothing to do with it so I thought, why not get yourself one?
So, now I’m doing a little shopping for a new guitar. Hoping the SE may scratch the itch as it seems to be a pretty good bang for the buck.

Welcome Joe! You'll find some great peeps around here...a little weird and twisted, but great regardless...lots of great insights!

Oh and I almost forgot, motorcycles are bad,
N-kay...o_O

George

I just made the leap myself. I am happy I did. Best of luck.

Hello everyone and nice 2018!
I'm Luigi from Italy, and this is my first post.
I'm owner of a 2005 standard 24 (bought used on january 2008) and a 2012 swamp ash special (brand new june 2016).
The standard is definetely my main guitar, great volume unplugged and it roars in the amp.
The SAS... i have yet to discover it :eek:
No custom for me till now, but... who knows what the future will bring?

So, I'm now the new guy on the forum and wanted to ask some questions.

I just purchased a SE Custom 24 30th Anniversary Quilt Top in Vintage Sunburst, through a private sale. Can anyone answer any of the following?:

How many of this type and color were made?

Was this a strictly a European release, or where they released in the US too?

What would be the approximate collectors value based on Good to Very Good Physical and being fully functional.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I will post up my own pictures once I get home from vaca.

Hey Now!
So, I am very excited to be ordering a Hollow-body II 10-top w/ Piezo on order. I will be contacting customer service tomorrow to see if there is a 'natural' finish available? I am a first time owner from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I play with a band and solo. Glad to be here.
~ grateful dave

Hey everyone, Jon here. That's me in the profile pic, many moons ago. I'l be 56 this year and still enjoy playing guitar every chance I get. I have a few but do love PRS guitars. One day I'll have a core model, maybe as a retirement gift to myself!

I purchased a Black SE Custom Semi-Hollow in the first year they were out...changed it's pickups but it's a great guitar and sees a lot of use. I bought a Sienna S2 Starla a couple years ago because my wife's name happens to be Starla! I told her I bought the guitar to honor her and she said "you're just using that as a reason to get a new guitar'. It's true, but I do love the guitar and play it a lot.

My newest will be an SE 24 Custom Floyd. It's been on back order since before Christmas, it's one of the exclusive finishes for Guitar Center/Musicians Friend/Music 123 - a black quilt top with black pickups and rings, can't wait!

I play these and others in local bands and at Church whenever they let me. Glad to be here and I look forward to interacting with everyone on the site.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Great having all you new guys! You'll find great info and some knowledgeable and entertaining folks around here!

Hello everyone, I'm Allan. I have been playing guitar since I was 9 years old. I've done just about everything in music someone who never got paid for it could ask for. Many decades have passed since I first grabbed my sisters nylon string guitar that only had 3 strings left on it, but I still love playing now as much as I did then.

I was primarily a Carvin guy over the years, but I've also had a few Gibsons and Jacksons the last decade or so and until yesterday my American Special Strat was my main guitar.

I imagine I first heard about PRS the same time a lot of you did. Back in the 80's I read Guitar Player religiously and around 85 maybe? there was an article with Carlos Santana talking about Paul Reed Smith. I admired his commitment to making the instrument as perfect as someone who doesn't walk on water could. Though they were way out of my budget, I always wondered what it would be like to play one of them. We only had mom and pop stores in my town, and back then it was hard enough to even find a Gibson (hence why I went with Carvin. I ordered out of a catalog ).

So now that I'm older and more than half the way through my life, I decided I was going to start getting the guitars I've always wanted and the hell with things like budgets and responsibilities or fast cars :) . Started out with a Strat and then made the jump to the one I'd coveted for years. My PRS CE arrived yesterday and I think I want to be buried with it lol!! Amazing instrument.

Looking forward to talking gear with you all! Thanks for having me.

Cheers

Hello everyone, I'm Allan. I have been playing guitar since I was 9 years old. I've done just about everything in music someone who never got paid for it could ask for. Many decades have passed since I first grabbed my sisters nylon string guitar that only had 3 strings left on it, but I still love playing now as much as I did then.

I was primarily a Carvin guy over the years, but I've also had a few Gibsons and Jacksons the last decade or so and until yesterday my American Special Strat was my main guitar.

I imagine I first heard about PRS the same time a lot of you did. Back in the 80's I read Guitar Player religiously and around 85 maybe? there was an article with Carlos Santana talking about Paul Reed Smith. I admired his commitment to making the instrument as perfect as someone who doesn't walk on water could. Though they were way out of my budget, I always wondered what it would be like to play one of them. We only had mom and pop stores in my town, and back then it was hard enough to even find a Gibson (hence why I went with Carvin. I ordered out of a catalog ).

So now that I'm older and more than half the way through my life, I decided I was going to start getting the guitars I've always wanted and the hell with things like budgets and responsibilities or fast cars :) . Started out with a Strat and then made the jump to the one I'd coveted for years. My PRS CE arrived yesterday and I think I want to be buried with it lol!! Amazing instrument.

Looking forward to talking gear with you all! Thanks for having me.

Cheers
Hi Allan and welcome. I feel it my duty as one of the nice guys on here, that photographic evidence of your purchase is mandatory.

Some of the guys on here assume your new guitar an epiphone or Hello Kitty ukulele! @bodia made me write this!o_O

@toothace and @sergiodeblanc (PRS guru and 2nd most notable member, lord of all) have proved their lack of patience recently, with regard this rule. It’s unwritten, so don’t go looking for it!:D

Oh and by the way, enjoy your new guitar.

Hi Allan and welcome. I feel it my duty as one of the nice guys on here, that photographic evidence of your purchase is mandatory.

Some of the guys on here assume your new guitar an epiphone or Hello Kitty ukulele! @bodia made me write this!o_O

@toothace and @sergiodeblanc (PRS guru and 2nd most notable member, lord of all) have proved their lack of patience recently, with regard this rule. It’s unwritten, so don’t go looking for it!:D

Oh and by the way, enjoy your new guitar.
Lol thanks. I already put a pic of it in my NGD thread.

I’m Phil M.

I’m new to the forum but not PRS. I’ll admit I’ve been a Les Paul player for 25 years but after many years I finally appreciate PRS. It’s been a long road with a few disappointments before I became a convert.

1993 EG bolt-on - it was what I could (barely) afford at the time. I never got along with it like I did my Les Paul.

I tried again in 2007 and got a whale blue 1993 Custom 24 with the sweet switch. Pretty cool, but didn’t keep it long.

In 2010 I got a 2005 20th Anni Custom 24 in tortoise shell. It was OK but sold it quick.

In 2011 I got a very cool guitar - a 2009 HSH Special with the Fralin single coil in the middle and the Regular neck. By far the best PRS I had up to that point.

In 2015 I was playing in a band that needed drop tuned guitars so I got a used SE Clint Lowery. It was OK and served its purpose for a year, now it’s with a new owner.

In 2015 I read about how so many people were digging the 30th Anni models and I really liked the specs. In early 2016 I found an amazing deal on a brand new late 2015 non-Anni Custom 24 with the pattern regular neck and 85/15 pickups. It is the best PRS I’ve ever found and I like it more and more. I really like the mixture of chrome and brass hardware on the recent models! The finish on this one is called Orange Tiger but it looks just like the 2005 Tortoise Shell that I had (?)

I will keep a couple but I plan to move on from a couple of my Custom Shop Les Pauls this year for McCartys. In 2018 I’d like to get a McCarty in Antique White, and possibly also a 594 Singlecut. We’ll see what the gear gods will allow.

I’m Phil M.

I’m new to the forum but not PRS. I’ll admit I’ve been a Les Paul player for 25 years but after many years I finally appreciate PRS. It’s been a long road with a few disappointments before I became a convert.

1993 EG bolt-on - it was what I could (barely) afford at the time. I never got along with it like I did my Les Paul.

I tried again in 2007 and got a whale blue 1993 Custom 24 with the sweet switch. Pretty cool, but didn’t keep it long.

In 2010 I got a 2005 20th Anni Custom 24 in tortoise shell. It was OK but sold it quick.

In 2011 I got a very cool guitar - a 2009 HSH Special with the Fralin single coil in the middle and the Regular neck. By far the best PRS I had up to that point.

In 2015 I was playing in a band that needed drop tuned guitars so I got a used SE Clint Lowery. It was OK and served its purpose for a year, now it’s with a new owner.

In 2015 I read about how so many people were digging the 30th Anni models and I really liked the specs. In early 2016 I found an amazing deal on a brand new late 2015 non-Anni Custom 24 with the pattern regular neck and 85/15 pickups. It is the best PRS I’ve ever found and I like it more and more. I really like the mixture of chrome and brass hardware on the recent models! The finish on this one is called Orange Tiger but it looks just like the 2005 Tortoise Shell that I had (?)

I will keep a couple but I plan to move on from a couple of my Custom Shop Les Pauls this year for McCartys. In 2018 I’d like to get a McCarty in Antique White, and possibly also a 594 Singlecut. We’ll see what the gear gods will allow.
Welcome, great intro!

Hi Everybody,
I'm a new member. Name Darius , from Chicago , Il . Week ago I bought my first PRS SE Marty Friedman and I love this guitar. Mostly play heavy metal and with my Laney AOR100 MV this guitar sounds fantastic. I'm so surprised with the quality , playability and sound of this guitar. Love it.

Hi Everybody ,
I'm a new member from Chicago , IL . Name Darius. I bought a week ago my first PRS guitar. SE Marty Friedman signature and have to admit it...love this guitar. Exceptional quality , playability and sound. With my Laney AOR 100 sound is unbelievable .

Hi Everybody,
I'm a new member. Name Darius , from Chicago , Il . Week ago I bought my first PRS SE Marty Friedman and I love this guitar. Mostly play heavy metal and with my Laney AOR100 MV this guitar sounds fantastic. I'm so surprised with the quality , playability and sound of this guitar. Love it.
Welcome.

Back