Introduce yourself!

Hi everyone! I'm an intermediate-level player, having first picked up a guitar in my mid teens. I played on and off for roughly the last 10-15 years and about a year ago I delved into music theory and have been playing much more regularly. I have a Mexican-made Fender Telecaster as my only electric, but have been wanting to expand to include a humbucker-equipped guitar as well. I've just placed an order for an SE Custom 24, left-handed. Looks like it might be a long wait as they're on backorder, but really looking forward to a new guitar with a new neck, different scale-length, and humbuckers. Hope to find some good information, conversation, and musically-enthusiastic folks in this forum!

Excellent choice! Welcome aboard the crazy train:confused:...glad you joined the forum! Lots and lots of great information and insight from the guys here as well as the occasional shenanigan or two! ;)

Hi everyone! I'm an intermediate-level player, having first picked up a guitar in my mid teens. I played on and off for roughly the last 10-15 years and about a year ago I delved into music theory and have been playing much more regularly. I have a Mexican-made Fender Telecaster as my only electric, but have been wanting to expand to include a humbucker-equipped guitar as well. I've just placed an order for an SE Custom 24, left-handed. Looks like it might be a long wait as they're on backorder, but really looking forward to a new guitar with a new neck, different scale-length, and humbuckers. Hope to find some good information, conversation, and musically-enthusiastic folks in this forum!

Welcome to the forum @A Lefty theres a lot of knowledge here.

Excellent choice! Welcome aboard the crazy train:confused:...glad you joined the forum! Lots and lots of great information and insight from the guys here as well as the occasional shenanigan or two! ;)

What! No shenanigans here!! This is a serious forum!!!:eek::D

Fairly new to PRS guitars (SE's only so far), after playing Gibson exclusively for ten years, then Fenders since 1981.
Currently have an SE Custom 24 and SE Custom semi hollow 22. Love the neck and how light the semi hollow 22 is.
Having a tough time "getting" humbuckers (last humbucker guitar I had was a 1966 ES 335 that I traded away in the early 80's).
163066-e87ec208e509b1d853d288dcfdb54c69.jpg

163067-56ae73d97676bfb88a2cdd4b3f2bbfee.jpg

Last edited:
Also new here! My name is Nick. I am a 27 year old guy. Mainly a drummer and bassist but dabble in guitar. Joined forum after recieving an early birthday present from my girlfriend. Its a se custom 24 in matte black that sweetwater was doing a limited run of. Will post pics once i figure out how to.

Fairly new to PRS guitars (SE's only so far), after playing Gibson exclusively for ten years, Fenders since 1981.
Currently have an SE Custom 24 and SE Custom semi hollow 22. Love the neck and how light the semi hollow 22 is.
Having a tough time "getting" humbuckers (last humbucker guitar I had was a 1966 ES 335 that I traded away in the early 80's).
163066-e87ec208e509b1d853d288dcfdb54c69.jpg

163067-56ae73d97676bfb88a2cdd4b3f2bbfee.jpg
Welcome to the party! Have fun.

Also new here! My name is Nick. I am a 27 year old guy. Mainly a drummer and bassist but dabble in guitar. Joined forum after recieving an early birthday present from my girlfriend. Its a se custom 24 in matte black that sweetwater was doing a limited run of. Will post pics once i figure out how to.
Welcome Nick. Long standing tradition (joke) that the guitar is thought of as a Hello Kitty ukulele until photos are up. It’s not meant as an insult, it’s just how it is on here!

Welcome to the forun 64 Tele and Nick Russell! Glad you're here! Great bunch of guys/gals...jump right in...;)

Hi all - new member from Rhode Island here. My name is Mike and I play guitar in a band called The Kick Ups. Currently own 3 2017 SEs: Custom 24, Zach Myers, and a Santana. Hadn't heard of PRS until about a year or so ago and have been really impressed by their instruments so far. Looking forward to contributing here on the forum!

Hi all - new member from Rhode Island here. My name is Mike and I play guitar in a band called The Kick Ups. Currently own 3 2017 SEs: Custom 24, Zach Myers, and a Santana. Hadn't heard of PRS until about a year or so ago and have been really impressed by their instruments so far. Looking forward to contributing here on the forum!
Welcome Mike, there’s a great group of people here.

Welcome to the forum Mike! You'll find this is a great a group of peeps! Very knowledgeable and helpful group...oh, but watch out for Alnus, I don't think anyone knows he's escaped yet:confused::DNaa, he's cool!
Glad you've joined us! Post some pics as soon as you can...trust me.;)

Oh and you need a Chris Robertson SE to complete your collection of killer SE's o_O
..just sayin....oh, and a Bernie Marsden...

Hello all new member from Central Texas (just outside of San Antonio) just got a new to me SE 24 Custom its the 30th anniversary. I am so impressed with this guitar the quality is great and the playability is outstanding.

Hello and welcome, Mike :)

Hello all new member from Central Texas (just outside of San Antonio) just got a new to me SE 24 Custom its the 30th anniversary. I am so impressed with this guitar the quality is great and the playability is outstanding.

Welcome aboard! I spent the better part of 25 years in Austin. What I wouldn't give for big hot bowl of black beans & flour tortillas on a day like this.

Welcome aboard! I spent the better part of 25 years in Austin. What I wouldn't give for big hot bowl of black beans & flour tortillas on a day like this.

Hey Flux, former Austinite here: + one on the black beans and flour tortillas.

Welcome Ed, and enjoy !

Back