Introduce yourself!

Congrats and welcome to the addiction...uh I mean the form, yeah welcome to the forum! :D

Hi folks!! I'm new here. Never posted on this forum but I have some questions about some things. 1st PRS is a 2003 McCarty that I still have. I've had Rosewood neck McCarty, a 2001 Singlecut, a McCarty Soapbar, a 2011 DGT, and a 2-channel custom combo (that I still have). I just got a Stripped 58 that my wife bought me for our anniversary. Has the 57/08 pickups that I was real excited about. I've got some questions about that. I've lurked on this forum for years. Figured I might as well contribute.

Hi folks!! I'm new here. Never posted on this forum but I have some questions about some things. 1st PRS is a 2003 McCarty that I still have. I've had Rosewood neck McCarty, a 2001 Singlecut, a McCarty Soapbar, a 2011 DGT, and a 2-channel custom combo (that I still have). I just got a Stripped 58 that my wife bought me for our anniversary. Has the 57/08 pickups that I was real excited about. I've got some questions about that. I've lurked on this forum for years. Figured I might as well contribute.

Hey Jamie, welcome to the forum.

I'm an old newbie here, if that makes any sense. Found this forum researching PRS pups...glad I did.

What can I say? I fooled with guitars in my youth. Life happened and started raising a family. Very limited time off (oilfield) and kids took priority over my hobby. Kept an old Strat and a "Mississippi Mustang", along with a Peavey amp around the house collecting dust for years. Kids became teens and they picked it up...with the help of tabs and later, YouTube, they exceeded my abilities. Schedule lightened up and recently, the bug found me again...through my sons. Without knowing how else to explain it, guess I'm making up for lost time or its a slippery-slope thing. Acquired a few classic guitars that I lusted after back in the day but couldn't afford as a kid. Then found PRS. Bought one...then another...and another ....and another...and another....and so on. I see each as a tool and God knows it hard to get by with just one tool in your toolbox. I used to be proud of my first couple of new PRS purchases (and related equipment)....but now, I sort of keep them on the down-low for fear that I may be heading for guitar re-hab. My guitar playing sons (3x) seem to be able to relate. I haven't found a PRS that I like better than another....only ones I like in a different way than another....sometimes....as I picked up a second Mark Holcomb yesterday (configuration/bang for the buck thing). I've always heard the term "gearhead" but.... Honestly, they put a smile on my face and how can I put a price on that?

One of these days.....is now.

Z

I'm an old newbie here, if that makes any sense. Found this forum researching PRS pups...glad I did.

What can I say? I fooled with guitars in my youth. Life happened and started raising a family. Very limited time off (oilfield) and kids took priority over my hobby. Kept an old Strat and a "Mississippi Mustang", along with a Peavey amp around the house collecting dust for years. Kids became teens and they picked it up...with the help of tabs and later, YouTube, they exceeded my abilities. Schedule lightened up and recently, the bug found me again...through my sons. Without knowing how else to explain it, guess I'm making up for lost time or its a slippery-slope thing. Acquired a few classic guitars that I lusted after back in the day but couldn't afford as a kid. Then found PRS. Bought one...then another...and another ....and another...and another....and so on. I see each as a tool and God knows it hard to get by with just one tool in your toolbox. I used to be proud of my first couple of new PRS purchases (and related equipment)....but now, I sort of keep them on the down-low for fear that I may be heading for guitar re-hab. My guitar playing sons (3x) seem to be able to relate. I haven't found a PRS that I like better than another....only ones I like in a different way than another....sometimes....as I picked up a second Mark Holcomb yesterday (configuration/bang for the buck thing). I've always heard the term "gearhead" but.... Honestly, they put a smile on my face and how can I put a price on that?

One of these days.....is now.

Z
Welcome. Playing with the sons (or for some, daughters) is gratifying for sure. It's about time you came back to the fold, now jump in!

Welcome to the PRS Forum!

New members...old members: Who are you? Where are you from? How did you end up on a PRS Forum? How did PRS get on your radar?

So I introduced myself a few months back at the start of my PRS journey. That was an innocent “spur of the moment” purchase online when I saw a zebra-wood SE 277.

I loved that guitar so much that I tried a few US made guitars and decided to go the full Private Stock route.

So after a lot of difficult decisions I have now placed an order for a 594 in White Tiger Burst - the PRS guys picked me a great unusual quilt top for it.

I’m also finalising the specs for a 277 that will be the first one for Private Stock - it’s going to be pretty special with an amazing one-piece quilt in frostbite with “birds of a feather” fingerboard. I’m very excited about this one!

My thanks goes to Jez from PRS Europe and Gio at Guitar Guitar in Camden for helping me spec my guitars.

On my visit yesterday to finalise the 277 spec I was lucky to find around a dozen Private Stock guitars to try out!

I played a beautiful Paul’s Guitar while I was there and ... well now it’s mine :)

At least now I will be able to endure the wait for my custom orders...

Mark

Dude!
That is monster.
We’re going to need threads for those.
So I introduced myself a few months back at the start of my PRS journey. That was an innocent “spur of the moment” purchase online when I saw a zebra-wood SE 277.

I loved that guitar so much that I tried a few US made guitars and decided to go the full Private Stock route.

So after a lot of difficult decisions I have now placed an order for a 594 in White Tiger Burst - the PRS guys picked me a great unusual quilt top for it.

I’m also finalising the specs for a 277 that will be the first one for Private Stock - it’s going to be pretty special with an amazing one-piece quilt in frostbite with “birds of a feather” fingerboard. I’m very excited about this one!

My thanks goes to Jez from PRS Europe and Gio at Guitar Guitar in Camden for helping me spec my guitars.

On my visit yesterday to finalise the 277 spec I was lucky to find around a dozen Private Stock guitars to try out!

I played a beautiful Paul’s Guitar while I was there and ... well now it’s mine :)

Mark

Mark
Didn't stay in the shallow very long! Waiting to see the photos.

Mark

Safe to say you've been bitten by the bug!

My name isJean Paul and I just joined the forum.

I will be the proud owner of a PRS CUSTOM 24 in couple of day.

I order the Trampas green guitar.
This gonna be my 1st NOT Gibson electric.

let see...............

My name isJean Paul and I just joined the forum.

I will be the proud owner of a PRS CUSTOM 24 in couple of day.

I order the Trampas green guitar.
This gonna be my 1st NOT Gibson electric.

let see...............

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your soon to be first!

Hi everyone, I discovered your forum whilst looking up CE semi-hollow specs. Glad I did as there’s some great banter and useful information.

So the semi-hollow in faded whale, ah a thing of beauty! Just imagine her hanging on my wall!

Hi everyone, I discovered your forum whilst looking up CE semi-hollow specs. Glad I did as there’s some great banter and useful information.

So the semi-hollow in faded whale, ah a thing of beauty! Just imagine her hanging on my wall!

Welcome to the forum!

Hello, Craig from Wheatfield, NY(Buffalo/Niagara Falls area). Bought my first PRS today. Anxiously awaiting delivery. Play in a church band every Saturday night. I like Classic Rock, Americana, Blues, Old school country, and my personal favorite...The Grateful Dead :)

What's up Craig? Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first PRS!

Hello, Craig from Wheatfield, NY(Buffalo/Niagara Falls area). Bought my first PRS today. Anxiously awaiting delivery. Play in a church band every Saturday night. I like Classic Rock, Americana, Blues, Old school country, and my personal favorite...The Grateful Dead :)
It’s gotta be a super eagle then!

Hello everyone. I've recently picked up my first PRS and it's a doozy. I can't believe how much better the play-ability of these guitars are compared to others. I picked this up on a trade for a fender custom shop. I LOOOVE the semi-hollow tone. It's just perfect for this guitar.

I'm looking to add a 594 now. :)

I will post some pics in the general forum.

Back