Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on the new HBII

Thank you so much! I haven't had much play time with it yet this week because of other obligations, but it is a truly wonderful instrument, and simply stunning to look at. Other than the neck on my Fly, the wide-fat profile on this one is easily the most comfortable I've ever played on.

I have been posting here recently but have not introduced myself yet. I apologize. I wasn't sure if I would get my PRS at all, so I decided to do the introductions when the guitar is actually on-my-hands!

Yesterday, I picked up a PRS SE Singlecut in Royal Blue at the used section of Guitar Center. It may be not much compared to your higher end PRS models, but I am so proud I am able to own one! It is all I can afford at the moment as I don't earn that much and has a family to feed and a kid going to college! Similarly, I have always wanted a Fender Tele, but instead I got the Squire Classic Vibe which is of superb build quality close enough to an actual Fender for me. I have to be a frugal person for now. I have relatively cheap guitars and equipment, but they all work for me. Perhaps, I will be able to spoil myself when my kids are grown up and not my dependents anymore.

How did I end up with a PRS? Well... I have heard so much about PRS but stayed away because of its price tag. I heard that the SE models are not so bad, so I decided to give it a try. So far, I am loving it! Build is great! It reminds me of my ex-Washburn WI64V except that this Singlecut is a very balanced guitar.

I used to be a civil engineer, but I got tired of the corporate life and decided to be a science teacher.

Hello,
I bought a PRS CE24 in june of this year :).
As it's hard to find a dealer in France whom has all the models I went to Paris to test one. My first choice was a Grey Black color, but when I saw in real the Dark Cherry Sunurst I knew she will be mine :D
Now I enjoy play this guitar everyday, as I'm a beginner, I try to practise as much as can ^^

ps: forgive my english, I'm french ;)

Hello, I just joined the forum and so thought I should introduce myself. I only have one PRS so far - an SE zebra 277 baritone with P90s. I have quite a few mostly vintage guitars and was browsing online looking for a 7 string to try something new. The 277 caught my eye and was pretty reasonable priced so I bought it. Wow! - what a great instrument - I play a bit of bass and this fits beautifully in-between that and guitar but is amazingly easy to play and feels closer to a regular guitar. I have always thought PRS guitars look beautiful but I have always been more interested in old guitars and play mostly a 68 les paul gold top and reissue bursts. The 277 made me go to a local store and see what the real-deal made in USA are like. I tried, and fell in love with a 594 - to me it just sounded and felt completely perfect / I still love my LPs but the 594 modernises the recipe and produces something both unique and fresh but with that familiar something that makes the old guitars (designs) special. So now I'm sold and hence joined this forum! ... and just kicking off a couple of private stock builds (funded by selling a few old guitars) - yes a 594 and also a 277 (if that can be done). I have a couple of beautiful tops selected and have settled on White Tiger Burst. One top may end up the back of a Macassar ebony top for the 277 - still agonising over the spec;-). They will make a nice pair! Anyway I thought it would be polite to say hello as I have been lurking for a few days getting ideas!
Best regards
Mark

Hello, I just joined the forum and so thought I should introduce myself. I only have one PRS so far - an SE zebra 277 baritone with P90s. I have quite a few mostly vintage guitars and was browsing online looking for a 7 string to try something new. The 277 caught my eye and was pretty reasonable priced so I bought it. Wow! - what a great instrument - I play a bit of bass and this fits beautifully in-between that and guitar but is amazingly easy to play and feels closer to a regular guitar. I have always thought PRS guitars look beautiful but I have always been more interested in old guitars and play mostly a 68 les paul gold top and reissue bursts. The 277 made me go to a local store and see what the real-deal made in USA are like. I tried, and fell in love with a 594 - to me it just sounded and felt completely perfect / I still love my LPs but the 594 modernises the recipe and produces something both unique and fresh but with that familiar something that makes the old guitars (designs) special. So now I'm sold and hence joined this forum! ... and just kicking off a couple of private stock builds (funded by selling a few old guitars) - yes a 594 and also a 277 (if that can be done). I have a couple of beautiful tops selected and have settled on White Tiger Burst. One top may end up the back of a Macassar ebony top for the 277 - still agonising over the spec;-). They will make a nice pair! Anyway I thought it would be polite to say hello as I have been lurking for a few days getting ideas!
Best regards
Mark

Hey Mark, welcome to the forum! Happy you found out the little secret we all have. Be careful, the slope is slippery!

Hi Darkho.
My English is Canadian, so we should get along.

Thanks Veinbuster ^^
It's hard to read this forum when english is not your native language, automatic translator have a lot of problems with all the technicals worlds using for a guitar forum :confused:
Anyway, I hope to find here everything I need to know. I will made a specific post to introduce myself, maybye more French people are here and will read it :D

Hello,
I bought a PRS CE24 in june of this year :).
As it's hard to find a dealer in France whom has all the models I went to Paris to test one. My first choice was a Grey Black color, but when I saw in real the Dark Cherry Sunurst I knew she will be mine :D
Now I enjoy play this guitar everyday, as I'm a beginner, I try to practise as much as can ^^

ps: forgive my english, I'm french ;)

Please pardon my English ... I'm American. Welcome

I am another new guy here, just picked up my first PRS, a 2005 Swamp Ash Special. The guitar has the best sustain and resonance of any guitar I've played. It is in great shape, except someone removed the middle Vintage Rail pickup by just removing the screws and cutting the wire. I have a replacement Vintage Rail pickup on the way, but I need to decide whether to have it installed locally or pay the PTC to replace it.

...but I need to decide whether to have it installed locally or pay the PTC to replace it.
I don't have much guitar tech skills but I learned how to do a few things. Pickup replacement was actually easy when I tried it myself. Perhaps you want to try it? Its not rocket science really.

I am another new guy here, just picked up my first PRS, a 2005 Swamp Ash Special. The guitar has the best sustain and resonance of any guitar I've played. It is in great shape, except someone removed the middle Vintage Rail pickup by just removing the screws and cutting the wire. I have a replacement Vintage Rail pickup on the way, but I need to decide whether to have it installed locally or pay the PTC to replace it.

Hey Bill, welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your first PRS too! SAS is a great model. Only question now is; what's next? :)

I don't have much guitar tech skills but I learned how to do a few things. Pickup replacement was actually easy when I tried it myself. Perhaps you want to try it? Its not rocket science really.

I have thought about this. Years ago, I assembled a telecaster from parts and it worked fine, but it was a pretty simple project. I am intimidated by the wiring of the push-pull and little connections and grounds. I might give it another look though.

Hey Bill, welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your first PRS too! SAS is a great model. Only question now is; what's next? :)

Well, I originally set out to buy an SE Custom 24, but then for a little more money, I figured I could pick up an S2. Then I found the SAS for a little more than a used S2, which I thought would be out of my price range. So I guess, I still want a 2017 SE Custom 24...

Let's see, how did I get here at Paul Reed Smith forum? I guess I get to BS for awhile. I left the music scene back in 74 or so. Never played but worked the shows as security and attended quite a few as a partier. Fast forward 43 years and I'm retired. I never got to play because when I expressed interest they kept handing me acoustics. I finally bought my own electric and amp. I've been studying it for 4 months. I have been deep in the guitar world since then and have made a few mistakes and had some epiphanies. Most music affects me in a good way and I happen to find southern rock stirring. I don't know much about PRS as a business but have heard and learned of Smith's passion. I like a good story behind the product as well as the products themselves. I'm not too happy with the giant corporate offerings because of the structure. I wonder what it's like for the folks who work at PRS in the States. I'm thinking PRS produces 3200 pieces of gear per month, combined production, so they are no small outfit, but how's the leadership? Cut throat, nasty, or family style? I will pick up that info through my travels here and there. To answer the question directly of how I got here, the answer would be my instructor. He's a younger guy that has relocated to Florida from Seattle. We've had several lessons together so it's not like I don't know the guy, and just ran off at the first impulse, and followed some off the wall advice. Our discussion which led me here was about guitars in general. He has a guitar being built by a friend from FretKing in the UK. I'm loaded with GAS btw. I asked if I wanted a guitar built and didn't want to feed a machine, where would you recommend I start? Without a moments hesitation he answered Paul Reed Smith. So, here I am. Can you still be passionate with 3200 units a month being produced? I think why not? My obligations in life are satisfied so that means I'm good. I imagine Paul is good as well, if he is satisfied. I mean satisfied in the sense we don't need to hustle to maintain our livelihoods. Passion can truly thrive at this point. I've read the story about getting Carlos Santana and others to look at his guitars by approaching the roadies during shows. Very cool indeed. BTW I coming from a space where I paid .75 cents to see Santana, Elephants Memory, and Golden Earring at the Filmore East on a wednesday evening matinee. Money was a concern, but it wasn't the driving force it seems today. I know, I know, money counts, we all gotta eat. Anyway I look forward toward learning more about these guitars and may want one real soon. I'm not naive about business, I know how to play. However I will choose who gets my hard earned cash and it's not going to be the folks who think we owe them fealty. I choose to pay the hustler, the passion driven outsider who cracks through the wall and brings his friends along for the ride. Is it PRS, I don't know yet, I hope to find out, and I do hope it's here.

Before I noticed this thread I introduced myself in the acoustic section. Below is the copy so I can introduce myself in the proper location.:D
Hello All, I just received a new to me A10E purchased online sight unseen and couldn't be happier. I sold my 94 Taylor 912C a few months ago and started looking for an affordable acoustic with an acceptable sound. All I can say is this guitar surpassed all expectations. The Tortoise Shell color is incredible in person. Pictures do it no justice. I am blown away by the quality of the build and incredible sound. All the reviews I read were spot on. The only thing I am adding is a replacement truss rod cover with an inlay abalone eagle. Loving it.

Just joined - picked up a used 2008 PRS Hollowbody yesterday - love it! Been playing for over 40 years, never owned a PRS, historically a Guild player. My one other guitar is Guild D64 dread, bought new in '84. Stunned by the light weight of this PRS, and the clear tones it brings. Haven't put it down much!

Glad to be here, walrus aka Jeff

Just joined - picked up a used 2008 PRS Hollowbody yesterday - love it! Been playing for over 40 years, never owned a PRS, historically a Guild player. My one other guitar is Guild D64 dread, bought new in '84. Stunned by the light weight of this PRS, and the clear tones it brings. Haven't put it down much!

Glad to be here, walrus aka Jeff

Hey Jeff, welcome to the Forum. Congrats one your first! Great choice!

Hi everyone! So I've recently started playing guitar again after about a 7 year hiatus and it's been a blast! I figured it's time to liquidate some of my collection from another hobby to fund a new guitar and I just purchased a '17 SE Custom 24 but with the cherry sunburst and creme binding around the body! Ah I'm super excited and can't wait! I love Prs guitars and especially Paul's intoxicating passion towards building beautiful and amazing guitars, that alone did 85% of selling the guitar to me haha. After I'm done with school I'd love to pick up a McCarty 594 SC.

My other guitars are a Fender standard fat Strat(fitted with a Dimarzio Super Distortion :cool:), Epiphone acoustic and a Squier Classic Vibe 70's P bass. Music wise I'm back to binging on Led Zeppelin but also have listening to Steve Vai, Chon, Animals as Leaders, Covet. I just discovered Plini & Nick Johnston and have had my mind blown away.

Anyways I'll stop there because I'll never stop :D
Looking forward to spending more time here!

Hi everyone! So I've recently started playing guitar again after about a 7 year hiatus and it's been a blast! I figured it's time to liquidate some of my collection from another hobby to fund a new guitar and I just purchased a '17 SE Custom 24 but with the cherry sunburst and creme binding around the body! Ah I'm super excited and can't wait! I love Prs guitars and especially Paul's intoxicating passion towards building beautiful and amazing guitars, that alone did 85% of selling the guitar to me haha. After I'm done with school I'd love to pick up a McCarty 594 SC.

My other guitars are a Fender standard fat Strat(fitted with a Dimarzio Super Distortion :cool:), Epiphone acoustic and a Squier Classic Vibe 70's P bass. Music wise I'm back to binging on Led Zeppelin but also have listening to Steve Vai, Chon, Animals as Leaders, Covet. I just discovered Plini & Nick Johnston and have had my mind blown away.

Anyways I'll stop there because I'll never stop :D
Looking forward to spending more time here!

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the guitar

Back