Introduce yourself!

Hey all. New here to the forums. My wife just got me a 2017 Zach Myers for our anniversary. I know, shes a keeper. She got me a gold top last year. I also have a SE 245 in tobacco burst. Been playing about 5 years total. I remember when I first picked up a PRS SE Tremonti in a store and it felt just fantastic. Then went and played a Les Paul that cost 4 times as much, promptly went back to the SE. You really feel like you got more than you paid for with these SE guitars unlike many guitar purchases. Im a fan for life and hope to own a USA model some day.

Welcome , sounds like you have a decent collection. I have the PRS and a Taylor 324 ce Acoustic. I also have a '69 Custom SG. Just back to playing again after not playing for nearly 10 years. Enjoy. It seems to be a pretty nice community.

Yea I enjoy all my guitars. I guess I might as well throw some pictures up. The only one I didnt mention is my Seagull Artist Mosaic Acoustic.
IMG_3528_zpsqxycjfva.jpg

Untitled_zps7yw9l3hl.jpg

Untitled2_zpslmi61xqq.jpg

IMG_3554_zpsdhhtoksh.jpg

Hello, I'm new here, up in Canada. I joined the PRS family back December when I picked up an SE Custom 24 in trampas green, but when those reclaimed guitars came out I just had to snatch up one of the ce 24s, which I did.. I am new to electric guitars, but I have been playing accoustic instruments for the past 20 years (guitar, mandolin, banjo, ukelele and somewhat fiddle).

Reactions: YEM
Hello, I'm new here, up in Canada. I joined the PRS family back December when I picked up an SE Custom 24 in trampas green, but when those reclaimed guitars came out I just had to snatch up one of the ce 24s, which I did.. I am new to electric guitars, but I have been playing accoustic instruments for the past 20 years (guitar, mandolin, banjo, ukelele and somewhat fiddle).

Welcome to the Forum! Congrats on your new PRS!

Hi all, I just joined the forum. I'm Mike and live in Cambridgeshire, UK. I bought my first PRS Classic CE in Grey/Black in the 80s I think so I've been a big fan of the brand for a long time. Since then, I've owned a selection of Custom 22s and 24s which I love. With each one I sold, I felt sellers remorse so in an ideal world, I would have several but like most people, one at a time will have to do! I have just bought a 594 which I am loving and am gigging it for the first time next week with my covers band. I always feel a little bit of guilt because the guitars are so expensive and my talent is pretty limited so I always think the guitar should be in the hands of someone very talented but I try not to dwell on it :). That's it for now from me. Have a great day! Mike

Hi all, I just joined the forum. I'm Mike and live in Cambridgeshire, UK. I bought my first PRS Classic CE in Grey/Black in the 80s I think so I've been a big fan of the brand for a long time. Since then, I've owned a selection of Custom 22s and 24s which I love. With each one I sold, I felt sellers remorse so in an ideal world, I would have several but like most people, one at a time will have to do! I have just bought a 594 which I am loving and am gigging it for the first time next week with my covers band. I always feel a little bit of guilt because the guitars are so expensive and my talent is pretty limited so I always think the guitar should be in the hands of someone very talented but I try not to dwell on it :). That's it for now from me. Have a great day! Mike

Hey Mike, welcome to the Forum!

Hey guys,

Long time reader of the forum, figured after 4 years of reading I should start participating (sorry in advance)!

First heard of PRS back in the early 90s while in college - had those beautiful pics from their catalog up on the wall for motivation - someday! Took longer than I thought, got my first one, a McCarty 10 top dark cherry sunburst in 2000. Got the guitar about 2 weeks after starting to date my future wife - good times!

As the demands of my career increased, didn't play much for nearly a decade. Got jump started around my son's birth in late 2010, bought an Cu24 Exp Ltd in Burnt Almond - was such a great guitar with 59/09s that I sold my McCarty to my brother.

Got to meet Paul during a local clinic (greater Seattle area) in June 2013 - happened to stumble on the event by accident looking at GC events page. My wife came with me to prevent me from buying another guitar (well, at least to get me to think about it!). Event had maybe a dozen folks show up, I brought my Cu24 for Paul to sign. Paul and Ralph did the clinic and that was the first time I heard the HXDA - wow! Even had Paul play my guitar through it (you're not taking a video, are you?!?! - no sir, just blurry iPhone pics!). Ended up talking to Ralph for nearly an hour after the event - what a great guy. Got to spend about 20 minutes with Paul as well, mostly learning about the stunning McManus acoustic - which came home with me! Had to sell three Taylors the next day, but never so happy to do so!

You all know what happens next - GAS attack! Since then, I've bought and sold many more, mostly buying Private Stocks. Got my first electric, a collection grade P22 from Jim at Guitar Rez - amazing guitar and great guy to deal with. That was in Oct 2014. Now up to 7 - how did that happen?! I'll post pics once I get things set up for it.

Welcome, Paul!
Thanks Sergio - I appreciate your sense of humor and good will. Congrats on fatherhood! I have a son (6yo) and he is such a joy - and already smarter than his old man! Didn't take long...

I have to tell you, I almost went with the handle Bizarro Sergio since I love blue guitars - sorry in advance for that, but we like what we like :).

Welcome Paul!!!
Your story about being away from guitars for a decade then coming back "with a vengeance" is similar to my own.
Stick with the picture posting struggle...it's a pain...but we'd all really love to see some of those beauties.

Try again!

image.jpg
[/url]upload img[/IMG]

Hmm, anyone else using postimage.io? URL copy doesn't seem to be working (using an iPad). Thanks

Thanks Tosca. You have quite an amazing collection - I admit to having saved most as photos, especially Ms Cleo since I love the blue quilts! The 594 bug has hit me hard, with a few recent purchases. Still want to be in the Vault and spec my own some day - just keep getting distracted...

Back