Introduce yourself!

Late to the PRS party, but finally found one I liked and brought it home! CE24 Whale Blue. I'm an IT professional and weekend musician in the Washington DC area.

Hello Everyone!
I've been playing since I was 16 but never progressed to a serious gigging level. Now at the tender age of 37 Santa Claus was kind enough to bestow upon me a 2016 PRS Tremonti SE which I dearly love more than any other guitar I have ever owned.

I'm an Application Design Architect working in the NHS in Wales.

Hi. My names Billy, I've just joined, have my first PRS (a Brent Mason) and I am addicted to it! It is the ideal guitar for me as I play in a covers band that does 60's to present day and covers metal, rock, pop, disco and soul. Did my first gig with it on New Year's Eve and it was a champ!
Mason's are the bomb when it comes to VTC (Various Tonal Coverage)...Congrats!!!

hello.....I am a guitarist & vocalist from Kansas City, Missouri and been playing since I was 8 or 9 I think....I have played in an alternative cover band for the last 12 years and recently retired from it....well, at least for a little bit....I have had numerous amps and guitars over the years but currently just down to a few (5) guitars....I have a honey burst 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard, a black 2009 Gibson Les Paul Standard, a white 1983 Electra Phoenix, a black 2011 Gibson Midtown Custom and now my first ever PRS guitar...it's a used white 2014 S2 Custom 24.....the USA made body and neck is very nice with excellent work on the frets. I did however, change the pickups (SD Hot Rod set), the pick up rings (from black to white), the pots, the 3 way switch and the wiring. The only Korean hardware left is the tuners and tremolo bridge, which are keeping the thing in tune perfectly so I decided not to mess with those items. It plays similar to my black Traditional Pro Les Paul and has some crazy low action and has a lighting fast fret-board. Obviously, its not as heavy as my Gibson's, but it is very resonant and sustains fairly well for a lighter guitar. I am really pleased with the way it turned out....

Last edited:
Good evening from South Texas. I enjoy protecting our nation's border, and playing guitar on my days off, or whenever I get free time. Another passion of mine is shooting long range precision rifles. Gosh I spend too much money on that one. :)

I am truly glad that I stumbled across this forum. I've been researching the 594 and Tremonti line of guitars. I look forward to becoming the owner of one pretty soon.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Ryebread and I'm a GAS-aholic. I've been GAS free for 3 days now. So who wants to be my sponsor? :rolleyes:

Edit: Oops, I think I'm in the wrong forum. I was supposed to go further down the hall. o_O

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Ryebread and I'm a GAS-aholic. I've been GAS free for 3 days now. So who wants to be my sponsor? :rolleyes:

Remaining GAS free sponsor? Here? Bwahahahahahaha....you're more likely to get a shove in the back and mounds of peer pressure!

Welcome to the forum!

Hello all, new to the PRS addiction. Just picked up a S2 Standard 24 in dark cherry burst. I love it!

Hey everyone. My name is Oscar I live in OKC.
I just got a 2016 PRS CU24 10top. Ive played PRS guitars in the past but never felt compelled to pull the trigger on one until I played one recently. Those 85/15 pickups just rock! So much tonal richness and versatility. Oh, and the guitar doesn't look too bad either.

Hey everyone. My name is Oscar I live in OKC.
I just got a 2016 PRS CU24 10top. Ive played PRS guitars in the past but never felt compelled to pull the trigger on one until I played one recently. Those 85/15 pickups just rock! So much tonal richness and versatility. Oh, and the guitar doesn't look too bad either.

Hey Oscar, welcome aboard! Nice score on that Cu24!

Hey, gang. Otis from Chicago here. I'm new on the PRS forum, but I'm around on some other guitar forums.
One of my best friends (and a hell of a guitar player) played a PRS in the early '90's. I never considered buying one until I picked up a satin S2 last year. I bought and sold one in a guitar induced brain fever. I'd like another one someday when the old finances permit.
Today I bought an NOS SE One on Reverb. Should have it next week. I'll let you know what I think.

Hey, gang. Otis from Chicago here. I'm new on the PRS forum, but I'm around on some other guitar forums.
One of my best friends (and a hell of a guitar player) played a PRS in the early '90's. I never considered buying one until I picked up a satin S2 last year. I bought and sold one in a guitar induced brain fever. I'd like another one someday when the old finances permit.
Today I bought an NOS SE One on Reverb. Should have it next week. I'll let you know what I think.

Hey Otis, welcome to the Forumfrom another Chicago area guy. There are a bunch of us here. The One is a blast!

Hello folks, brand new here. A 47 yrs old semi-pro who bought his 1st PRS in '91...lost it... bought another '91 bout 7 yrs ago...lost it...lookin to get another pre-factory...worked for a dealer...had a great rep...interacted with one of their amp designers for the HG-70 a few time and a pickup builder a time or two. Because of my absolute reverence for the instrument, I thought I new most of what there was to know about the pre-fac stuff...but I've seen some things labled "late 80's" that I dont recognize...and with the Chinese Guitar prob we all know about...combined with the fact that one of my 91's was stolen and I'd give anything to be able to identify it {since the rep and I designed it and it is a lil factory altered Custom} and maybe once hold her again. I played it at every gig, soundcheck and recording for 18 yrs. Anywho...lookin for advice , knowledge and insight about the best guitar ever conceived! Thanks

Back