Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone! Jim here. I reside in the U.K. And have been playing for about 3-4 years. I've just very recently received my first prs through the post, absolutely amazed! I won't tell you what it is as I'd like to do a NGD thread! Thought I'd join the forum to gain more knowledge about everything prs, and hopefully one day be able to share some to. Cheers

Congrats on your first, Jim. Great name too! ;)

Hello, Steve signing in from Castle Donington, UK (annual Monsters of Rock venue).
I've just bought and played my first PRS, a green 2001 Santana SE. I can't believe just how good a guitar it is, especially for a £225 eBay acquisition. It certainly got me out of playing the same old riffs etc from habit; I was throwing new ideas around within five minutes. A great neck, low action and machine heads that hold tune like glue. The only crit I have is that it's a little awkward to balance when playing seated but I'm sure I'll adapt.
I can see my other guitars getting very jealous of this little gem. :D

Hi guys and girls,

Longtime PRS user (2000) from Australia who has finally decided that he should finally bite the bullet and join the 'official' forum :)

A self confessed CE zealot:D

Hi guys and girls,

Longtime PRS user (2000) from Australia who has finally decided that he should finally bite the bullet and join the 'official' forum :)

A self confessed CE zealot:D

Howdy! Welcome to the forum!

Hi everyone! Dom from Quebec Canada here. im a prs geek and just found out about this place. i don't have a prs right now but im going to aquire one very soon so stay tuned for some zillion pics and videos haha

You can't go wrong, fantastic guitars! Which one you thinking of?
3 years ago i made a deal with my girlfriend that i would pay all her school fees to become a nurse and then for my 30th birthday she would stack some money to get me a fine PRS. depending how much she ends up stacking (im turning 30 next year) i will be getting a Custom 22 or a S2 custom 22. I've been seeing the damn thing in my dreams for 10 years hahaha

Long over due
I was out searching for that one good guitar that I would keep forever that was in 1989 after trying everything in the shops in and around the South East area of the UK. I walked into my local store who were a big Ibanez dealer and there sat two 2nd hand PRS guitars a custom 24 quilted 10 top and a Maple topped CE.
Well they were actually about 4 weeks 2nd hand as their owner had decided to chop them in for a couple of Ibanez models. I played the custom 24 but it had the old style standard neck and the CE had a wide fat which just felt unlike anything I had played, sort of now everything was right with my world everything seemed easier and sounded awesome. I did not know who or what PRS was back then, but that guitar got my head spinning its still the guitar that makes me way better than I am and when people ask to play it they want it. My best mate bought the custom 24 and promptly got a local luthier to carve the standard neck to as close as he could to the profile of mine. 28 years later its still an awesome guitar.

As a PRS fan looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Long over due
I was out searching for that one good guitar that I would keep forever that was in 1989 after trying everything in the shops in and around the South East area of the UK. I walked into my local store who were a big Ibanez dealer and there sat two 2nd hand PRS guitars a custom 24 quilted 10 top and a Maple topped CE.
Well they were actually about 4 weeks 2nd hand as their owner had decided to chop them in for a couple of Ibanez models. I played the custom 24 but it had the old style standard neck and the CE had a wide fat which just felt unlike anything I had played, sort of now everything was right with my world everything seemed easier and sounded awesome. I did not know who or what PRS was back then, but that guitar got my head spinning its still the guitar that makes me way better than I am and when people ask to play it they want it. My best mate bought the custom 24 and promptly got a local luthier to carve the standard neck to as close as he could to the profile of mine. 28 years later its still an awesome guitar.

As a PRS fan looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Awesome story! Welcome to the Forum!

Greetings! As my name here implies, I am a blues guy and have been playing blues and blues-influenced rock and originals for more than 50 years. I might be an older dog but am still actively playing music in a band called Thunder Wolf here in Summerville, S.C. I am originally from Nashua, New Hampshire, but have called many places home. Thanks to the Air Force, I was stationed during the "Cold War" years in Maine, West Berlin in Germany, and Keflavik, Iceland. However, I have also called Maine, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, Texas and South Carolina home at various times since.

I have seen a lot of good instruments come and go from my personal stable, but until a few weeks ago I had never owned a PRS. However, I took the plunge in January with Sweetwater and now own a Black Gold Burst SC-594. I'm kinda kicking myself now for waiting so dang long to own one.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and glad to be part of the PRS Family. Rock on!!!!!!

Greetings! As my name here implies, I am a blues guy and have been playing blues and blues-influenced rock and originals for more than 50 years. I might be an older dog but am still actively playing music in a band called Thunder Wolf here in Summerville, S.C. I am originally from Nashua, New Hampshire, but have called many places home. Thanks to the Air Force, I was stationed during the "Cold War" years in Maine, West Berlin in Germany, and Keflavik, Iceland. However, I have also called Maine, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, Texas and South Carolina home at various times since.

I have seen a lot of good instruments come and go from my personal stable, but until a few weeks ago I had never owned a PRS. However, I took the plunge in January with Sweetwater and now own a Black Gold Burst SC-594. I'm kinda kicking myself now for waiting so dang long to own one.

Anyway, I am glad to be here and glad to be part of the PRS Family. Rock on!!!!!!
Congratulations on a great guitar

Back