Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone. I've recently bought my first PRS guitar. A Champagne Gold CE24. It is absolutely wonderful. I've been playing for over 15 years and its IMO the best bolt on guitar I have so far come across. I like it so much that I am actually going to purchase another one which is why I joined up. I can see myself running a CE24 and a Gibby LP combo as my main 2 guitars for many years.

I've always tried to warm up to the custom series from PRS but I can't get along with the tone/sound at all. Different strokes. They are pretty though. When I tried out the CE24 it called out to me immediately.

Greetings everyone! I guess I am a bit overdue to join but better late than never! As a long time musician and guitar lover, I have been blessed to be able to do what I love for 15 years or so. Over the years a good friend mine and long time customer, Brian Martin (Owner of Righteous Guitars), and I had discussed opening up a guitar shop but the timing was never right for both of us. Finally in January of 2015 we jumped in and Righteous Guitars was born. With Brian's long time experience as a customer and private seller as well as business owner and mine managing music stores and providing high level service along with repairs, we were determined to make something special.

Most of 2015 was encompassed by the build out of our showroom and we were open by appointment only. It was so busy with old friends and new ones that we didn't even open to the public until February this year! We specialize in professional level American and European guitars and amplifiers. We have a large showroom with comfortable seating, two (nearly sound proof) demo rooms to try amps out as loud as you want, and even a lounge for non-customers to hang out in with cable TV and refreshments. Every non-vintage guitar we sell comes with a lifetime warranty through us and lifetime free restrings (once a quarter). We now have a full service repair shop in house as well. The showroom is constantly kept at 40-45% humidity year round to ensure healthy and happy guitars.

We currently have over 800 electric and acoustic guitars in stock (including 400 USA PRS and 50 Private Stocks) and a nice selection of killer amps. It has been an absolutely amazing year for all of us here at Righteous.

Check our shop out at www.righteousguitars.com as well as Facebook and Instagram (Righteousguitars)
There is only about 25% of our inventory on line currently but we are working daily on getting the rest up!

Current Faves: PRS MC594 Korina through a DR Z Therapy head/1x12 cab, Suhr Modern through a 3rd power CSR 40 head/2x12 cab, Elliott Guitars Tonemaster through a Divided By 13 EDT 13/29 head/1x12 cab, and Lowden F35 Ancient Cuban Mahogany with Adirondack top.

Looking forward to hanging out with you all!

Ben Calhoun

Greetings from Minnesota. Finally back in the PRS fold with the recent acquisition of a 2009 Mira X. Well used. Almost abused.
Been around a while (in my 50's). And have owned a truck load of guitars and basses over the years to prove it. My first PRS was an early CE. Early enough that it had a Chainsaw lead pickup. Also owned a Studio with a 10 top, a couple of other CEs, early SE Santana (had one two different times), and a SE Soapbar. Old enough that it might not have been a Soapbar II. It's the only one I miss from all of them. Just felt and sounded right.

For background, am an office worker, who plays acoustic guitar semi-professionally in a Scandinavian folk band. Also have played semi-pro in a couple old-time stringbands. Electric guitars are now a definite sideline. Have only kept one for a decade or more and it's a Squier 51.

As for other guitar gear, amp is a heavily modified Epiphone Valve Jr. with 5 blistering watts. Purchased it modified with a Weber Classic 8" speaker, and the Watts Audio Voxy mod. Been tube rolling since I got it a few years ago. At present has a GE 12AT7 and a Tube Amp doctor EL84. Not much, but it works in a living room setting. Mainly play clean sound. But will probably look for a pedal to put some drive on it. Whether it's fuzz, OD or something else, not sure yet.

Okay, that might be enough for now. Will probably start a thread later about the Mira X and it's current configuration. Photos will wait until all the ordered bits arrive.

Hello forum! I'm recently retired and looking forward to getting back into guitar playing now that I've got the time. My first PRS guitar ever is on the FedEx truck out out for delivery! A gorgeous 2017 SE Custom 24 in Scarlett Red. I'm too old to be this jazzed about a guitar!

i played guitar for 30 years, and quit 15 yrs ago, maybe more. To hell with the saying "Imay be old, but I gt tosee all the good bands"... what they mean is "I may be old, but I got to own all the great guitars"
I lived in a time when my favorite, les paul juniors were 150.00. ... i once bought a great 55 fr75.00, and thought I was getting fleeced when I bought a 60 for 400.00. You could get a 54 gold top for 600, after all. I walked into a music store one day and saw a 59 melody maker someone had routed and put two p90's in. 75.00 later, my relationship began with one of my favorite guitars. That and a 50 watt Marshall w/8-10's (450.00) was a hell of a rig for a high school kid. "real" les pauls (deluxes and standards were 250-400, i bought a messed with 63 strat for 350.00
Anyway, i have owned some AMAZING equipment....mymom and dad both played. My dad had died befre I started the 1st time, but my mom knew it was a bad idea to own garbage equipment, so i never had to
Fast forward to when I quit. I bought a plywood era squier strat to keep around in case one of the grandkids would wanna mess with it, etc.
My grandkids are older nw, the oldest has discovered girls, and he and I dont hang out as much. My wife has some pain issues, and spends a lot of time in bed
I decided I wanted to start paying again.
I went to a music store and piced up an se soapbar 2, and t immediately felt pretty comfortable. Those 150.00 juniors are now 5 grand, so I looked at a lot of tributes.
I stumbled onto the se245. unbelievable quality fr the price range i used to buy les pauls in 35 years ago. But I make more now, so it seems like less. I found one with a beautiful finish, but it was mail order through a major retailer, so i went in our local store to e how they feel. They fee completely natural.
I look online at reviews, no one has anything bad to say, and they produce good tones, although that is very relative.

Needless to say, my se 245 is in its way. I cant wait to touch it. I am excited to start playing again.

The se stuff seems to be very high quality, cost conscious gear.

I hear all the references to gibson necks, but I wonder if late 50's Rickenbacker wasnt in some way a reference point. My mom still has my dad's 56 450 cmbo he bought new. I like the neck but I hate the fretwork. Nor do I want it around the house. the whle sentimental thing is hard to explain, but it comes in waves. If I had it, Iknow I would be liey to trade it for something. I dont want that. SOmeone stole my mons 59 j50 he bought her, and we need to still have one.
ANYWAY, the rick had terrible frets, but the neck seems similar to me.. I wonder if there is a connection.

myname is Mark, and Im an addict. and it never goes away.

i played guitar for 30 years, and quit 15 yrs ago, maybe more. To hell with the saying "Imay be old, but I gt tosee all the good bands"... what they mean is "I may be old, but I got to own all the great guitars"
I lived in a time when my favorite, les paul juniors were 150.00. ... i once bought a great 55 fr75.00, and thought I was getting fleeced when I bought a 60 for 400.00. You could get a 54 gold top for 600, after all. I walked into a music store one day and saw a 59 melody maker someone had routed and put two p90's in. 75.00 later, my relationship began with one of my favorite guitars. That and a 50 watt Marshall w/8-10's (450.00) was a hell of a rig for a high school kid. "real" les pauls (deluxes and standards were 250-400, i bought a messed with 63 strat for 350.00
Anyway, i have owned some AMAZING equipment....mymom and dad both played. My dad had died befre I started the 1st time, but my mom knew it was a bad idea to own garbage equipment, so i never had to
Fast forward to when I quit. I bought a plywood era squier strat to keep around in case one of the grandkids would wanna mess with it, etc.
My grandkids are older nw, the oldest has discovered girls, and he and I dont hang out as much. My wife has some pain issues, and spends a lot of time in bed
I decided I wanted to start paying again.
I went to a music store and piced up an se soapbar 2, and t immediately felt pretty comfortable. Those 150.00 juniors are now 5 grand, so I looked at a lot of tributes.
I stumbled onto the se245. unbelievable quality fr the price range i used to buy les pauls in 35 years ago. But I make more now, so it seems like less. I found one with a beautiful finish, but it was mail order through a major retailer, so i went in our local store to e how they feel. They fee completely natural.
I look online at reviews, no one has anything bad to say, and they produce good tones, although that is very relative.

Needless to say, my se 245 is in its way. I cant wait to touch it. I am excited to start playing again.

The se stuff seems to be very high quality, cost conscious gear.

I hear all the references to gibson necks, but I wonder if late 50's Rickenbacker wasnt in some way a reference point. My mom still has my dad's 56 450 cmbo he bought new. I like the neck but I hate the fretwork. Nor do I want it around the house. the whle sentimental thing is hard to explain, but it comes in waves. If I had it, Iknow I would be liey to trade it for something. I dont want that. SOmeone stole my mons 59 j50 he bought her, and we need to still have one.
ANYWAY, the rick had terrible frets, but the neck seems similar to me.. I wonder if there is a connection.

myname is Mark, and Im an addict. and it never goes away.

Welcome to the Forum, Mark. Congrats on your first PRS.

Welcome Mark. While you are probably a touch older than I am, your comments on vintage bring back great memories. Like buying a '69 LPB Jazz bass for $300 and being told I was ripped off by one of the top vintage dealers of the time. Or paying $5 for a Danelectro DC-1 in a junk store. All original except the knobs. Paid more for those than the guitar.

You're going to love that SE 245. Was high on my list until stumbling on to my Mira X.

Hi. My names Billy, I've just joined, have my first PRS (a Brent Mason) and I am addicted to it! It is the ideal guitar for me as I play in a covers band that does 60's to present day and covers metal, rock, pop, disco and soul. Did my first gig with it on New Year's Eve and it was a champ!

Hi. My names Billy, I've just joined, have my first PRS (a Brent Mason) and I am addicted to it! It is the ideal guitar for me as I play in a covers band that does 60's to present day and covers metal, rock, pop, disco and soul. Did my first gig with it on New Year's Eve and it was a champ!

Welcome! Congrats on your first!

I thought I saw an "Introduce Yourself" thread and couldn't find it again! I somewhat introduced my self with my "First PRS" thread. I'm a chubby, old retired microbiologist trying to learn to play guitar in retirement. I had played bass in a high school cover band. That ended when I went to college. And playing in the band in high school I really didn't have any interest in music. That was purely a cover to get my parents to let me out of the house late at night, drink beer and meet cute girls. (Not necessarily in that order).

But I did have this nagging though through life that I wanted to learn guitar. But undergraduate school, graduate school, career, family, other interests, primarily horses, got in the way. I did on one occasion purchase an acoustic and start learning, just trying to strum a few chords. But that lasted a matter of weeks. This whole thing started when Santa, a few Christmas' ago, brought me a Yamaha Pacifica starter kit. Santa knew that I had this desire all my life to learn and thought I should take it up again in retirement.

My learning has been fits and starts the last couple years with severe back pain (spinal stenosis, spinal arthritis, and other issues) and three major spinal surgeries, the final one last October. There has been a lot of time flat in bed. But I'm hoping that is behind me. I'm still dealing with the pain but my pain management guy assures me it is going to gradually improve over the next year.

I have acquired the "usual suspects", a Strat, a Les Paul, and others. And until acquiring my new PRS my pride and joy was a 1972 Gibson 325. I have always been a huge Santana fan. So it is only natural, I suspect, to want to have a PRS in my collection. I'm confident you don't want to know how I came about getting one and I won't repeat the story here. But should you want to know the whole story is in the other thread.

But I am now the proud owner of a PRS Paul's. And I am thrilled with it. And after acquiring it I found this forum. I'm really looking forward to playing this PRS and I'm confident it will become my main guitar as I continue down this frustrating, but fun, journey of trying to learn how to play guitar.

Last edited:
I thought I saw an "Introduce Yourself" thread and couldn't find it again! I somewhat introduced my self with my "First PRS" thread. I'm a chubby, old retired microbiologist trying to learn to play guitar in retirement. I had played bass in a high school cover band. That ended when I went to college. And playing in the band in high school I really didn't have any interest in music. That was purely a cover to get my parents to let me out of the house late at night, drink beer and meet cute girls. (Not necessarily in that order).

But I did have this nagging though through life that I wanted to learn guitar. But undergraduate school, graduate school, career, family, other interests, primarily horses, got in the way. I did on one occasion purchase an acoustic and start learning, just trying to strum a few chords. But that lasted a matter of weeks. This whole thing started when Santa, a few Christmas' ago, brought me a Yamaha Pacifica starter kit. Santa knew that I had this desire all my life to learn and thought I should take it up again in retirement.

My learning has been fits and starts the last couple years with severe back pain (spinal stenosis, spinal arthritis, and other issues) and three major spinal surgeries, the final one last October. There has been a lot of time flat in bed. But I'm hoping that is behind me. I'm still dealing with the pain but my pain management guy assures me it is going to gradually improve over the next year.

I have acquired the "usual suspects", a Strat, a Les Paul, and others. And until acquiring my new PRS my pride and joy was a 1972 Gibson 325. I have always been a huge Santana fan. So it is only natural, I suspect, to want to have a PRS in my collection. I'm confident you don't want to know how I came about getting one and I won't repeat the story here. But should you want to know the whole story is in the other thread.

But I am now the proud owner of a PRS Paul's. And I am thrilled with it. And after acquiring it I found this forum. I'm really looking forward to playing this PRS and I'm confident it will become my main guitar as I continue down this frustrating, but fun, journey of trying to learn how to play guitar.

Welcome to the Forum!

Hi

New guy here. Well, I'm not new, but I've been diving full bore into PRSi. I've had a couple of SEs over the years and have sold them, and guess what? They're among the few guitars that I regret having sold!

I've gone back and forth between teles and Les Pauls for years, but a divorce has helped cure me of most of that. I'm back in the market for a high end guitar now and am going to go with the PRS, probably a McCarty, but possibly a P245. Who knows, maybe both will work out! I've been looking at Les Pauls, and they're just so disappointing. I've been looking at PRSi and they're so exciting, in sound, looks, quality, etc.

Anyway, I have a metallic red SE 245 now that I'm trying out for a bit, and I'm very impressed. I anticipate the big purchase around mid-Feb, so in the meantime, I'll hang out here for a while and learn what I can.

-Greg

Hi

New guy here. Well, I'm not new, but I've been diving full bore into PRSi. I've had a couple of SEs over the years and have sold them, and guess what? They're among the few guitars that I regret having sold!

I've gone back and forth between teles and Les Pauls for years, but a divorce has helped cure me of most of that. I'm back in the market for a high end guitar now and am going to go with the PRS, probably a McCarty, but possibly a P245. Who knows, maybe both will work out! I've been looking at Les Pauls, and they're just so disappointing. I've been looking at PRSi and they're so exciting, in sound, looks, quality, etc.

Anyway, I have a metallic red SE 245 now that I'm trying out for a bit, and I'm very impressed. I anticipate the big purchase around mid-Feb, so in the meantime, I'll hang out here for a while and learn what I can.

-Greg

Welcome to the Forum, Greg

Hello PRS Guitar Forum! I am a novice guitar enthusiast and a new PRS player. The guitar is an instrument that I've been intrigued by since I was a child. I played the trumpet through college and owned/pursued it in college for about a month. Other interest took my time and I ended up selling my guitar. Fast forward to 2016, I never lost interest but I needed a boost. A value-based coupon site had deals for lessons and I took the bait. In Spring 2016, I purchased an Epi LP and a Squier VM 72' Thinline Telecaster. I started taking lessons in June (2016). I gravitated towards the Tele as my primary guitar but a coworker/PRS player kept raving about PRS as filling the gap between the two big guitar manufacturers. I purchased a Singlecut SE and immediately felt/heard what my coworker was raving about. I am still taking weekly lessons and pursuing the guitar with enthusiasm and motivation and I'm looking forward to learning more about the gear that PRS puts out.

Hello everyone! Jim here. I reside in the U.K. And have been playing for about 3-4 years. I've just very recently received my first prs through the post, absolutely amazed! I won't tell you what it is as I'd like to do a NGD thread! Thought I'd join the forum to gain more knowledge about everything prs, and hopefully one day be able to share some to. Cheers

Back