Introduce yourself!

Yes, Buying an SE model PRS will be money well spent. As for learning on an acoustic first, Well if you want to play acoustic. I think of it like, if I want to learn to drive in the United States, I wouldn't studying driving in the UK, because it's different. If you want to play electric, Learn electric. Besides, Electric is easier on your hands.

Hi all,

Joining you from across the pond, my name is Richard and the new owner of a 2nd hand PRS Tremonti SE. Born and raised in the Netherlands, I started playing guitar when I was 19 using one of them written courses you can subscribe to (which takes a lot of perseverance and stamina), which I didn't have when I was 19...so I dropped it and left the guitar at 21, selling my Yamaha RGX112 and Peavey Bandit to a pawn shop...

My interest in guitar playing got triggered again when I was in my late thirties and got a cheapo noname western guitar for my b'day. Started taking lessons, bought some more guitars, and now ending up with (I believe, did a recent count) 16 guitars in total, two halfstacks, several pedals and other accessories.

I recently purchased a PRS Tremonti SE second-hand and am impressed with the quality! However I need some spare parts for the instrument and that's how I ended up here :)

Some personal notes on myself: I am 42 years old, work at an insurance company doing IT things, married, 3 kids ranging from the age of 9 to 16. If you want to know more, let me know.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Last edited:
Welcome Richard your story is similar to mine except I'm a few years behind you. I'm new here to. Welcome.

Hello all! An old Birds and Moons member (although I was barely active there). I've briefly owned a couple PRS and SE's over the years. Took the tour of the PRS factory in probably 2004 or 2005, and have loved the guitars ever since! Just found a used McCarty Soapbar today at a local store and have it on layaway until I can get back and make it officially mine this Friday. Very excited! Wish I had some information on it, but all I have is the picture from Guitar Center's Used Guitars section.

8563505182_5665de32c7_z.jpg

Hey forum!

I've been checking out the forum for a while and decided to finally introduce myself.

I'm a Baltimore native who has lived all over the place until settling in the Wilmington, DE area with my family.

I didn't start playing guitar until the tail end of 2011. As a drummer, I had to trust online reviews and the local music store to choose my first instrument. Luckily, I ended up with a Tremonti SE and fell in love.

For Father's Day last year my wife got me a Signature Club membership and made arrangements for us to go to Experience 2012. I was hooked. The music was amazing, the people were great, and I ended up buying MD-made guitars for my wife and I.

Thanks for all the great discussion, and I look forward to being a part of this great online community.

Hey forum!

I've been checking out the forum for a while and decided to finally introduce myself.

I'm a Baltimore native who has lived all over the place until settling in the Wilmington, DE area with my family.

I didn't start playing guitar until the tail end of 2011. As a drummer, I had to trust online reviews and the local music store to choose my first instrument. Luckily, I ended up with a Tremonti SE and fell in love.

For Father's Day last year my wife got me a Signature Club membership and made arrangements for us to go to Experience 2012. I was hooked. The music was amazing, the people were great, and I ended up buying MD-made guitars for my wife and I.

Thanks for all the great discussion, and I look forward to being a part of this great online community.

Great gift. Welcome.

Hello everyone joined the forum yesterday after getting my SE Angelus on Thursday, been playing guitar for a little over 25 years but have just sold all my electrics and amps as i'm now going down the acoustic route. Also a avid cyclist and when I'm not playing guitar i'm normally cycling between 50 and 100 miles up the side of some very big hills.

I've been a admirer of PRS guitars for a long time but given the other guitars I had I was kind of snobbish and only wanted the Maryland guitars, but now I have a SE I am very happy with it.

Last edited:
Hello everyone joined the forum yesterday after getting my SE Angelus on Thursday, been playing guitar for a little over 25 years but have just sold all my electrics and amps as i'm now going down the acoustic route. Also a avid cyclist and when I'm not playing guitar i'm normally cycling between 50 and 100 miles up the side of some very big hills.

I've been a admirer of PRS guitars for a long time but given the other guitars I had I was kind of snobbish and only wanted the Maryland guitars, but now I have a SE I am very happy with it.
Good to have you.
I didn't know UK had big hills. Cycling is good anywhere though. I spent close to 20 hours on a bike on my vacation a week ago.

Good to have you.
I didn't know UK had big hills. Cycling is good anywhere though. I spent close to 20 hours on a bike on my vacation a week ago.

The south of England, perticularly the South East is pretty flat but once you head up North we've got the Pennines, the Lake District, peak District, etc.. Some really great cycling and hiking spots.

My name is Mike (Who da thunk?!). I was never a member of Birds And Moons so many of you where new to me when I joined this site a year ago. Not new to PRS though. I've been lusting after them since I first laid my hands on one at a guitar show sometime back in 2000/2001. Finally got my first one (SE Soapbar maple II) a few years back but stupidly sold it when I decided I wanted a guitar with humbuckers.

I came back to the PRS fold in late 2011 / early 2012 when I got the SE Bernie Marsden. The guitar blew me away and confirmed me as a solid fan of PRS guitars. Since then i've added an SE C24 to the stable and i'm sure there will be more PRS's down the line!

I've been playing guitar since I was 16 /17 so (Somewhat scarily) more than half my life. The early days where a little rocky but finally at the somewhat late age of 19 I started putting serious hours in on the instrument and things started to come together quickly. Been in a few bands since then and done a couple of music courses and studied music at Uni.

Fell out of love with music and guitar for a short while in the mid 2000's and sold a lot of my equipment. Thankfully, that didn't last too long and I got back into it but came back a slightly different - and very rusty player! More interested in writing and recording songs now than showboating. I'm a recording player for the most part these days. I've done a little teaching and I put lessons, covers, demos and original tunes on my Y'tube channel.

Hoping to get a band sorted later this year. recording at home is fun but a little limiting. You can't beat the fun of playing with other individuals!

The south of England, perticularly the South East is pretty flat but once you head up North we've got the Pennines, the Lake District, peak District, etc.. Some really great cycling and hiking spots.

Good to have you.

Yep that's where I'm at in the Northwest so I can take advantage of the Peak District and Snowdonia (more often the peak district though)....7 miles of category 2 climbs just to get to the Cat and fiddle, 20 miles of category 4 climbs to get to the base at Macclesfield. (8mph on the way up 50mph on the way down) Mow Cop is another good climb. one of my typical rides that is mapped ny the GPS in a iPhone show the hill profile very nicely http://app.strava.com/activities/43247185

Thanks for the welcome....you'd be surprised how many guitarists also cycle...

Last edited:
Hi all, Jon here, I have just bought a rather lovely SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue and love it, its my first PRS and from what I have experienced it won't be my last...

I look forward to making some new friends here and learning more about PRS guitars and how to get the best out of them.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Hi to all! I'm Jay and I love P22 in Fire Red Burst color. I'm looking forward to P22 users here. Thank you!

Hi Everyone. My name is Mike. Got into playing live about 4 years ago. Not successful enough to afford any american made stuff yet but getting closer by the min! Started out on Epiphones but once i got my dirty lil hands on the SE line, that's all she wrote. The feel, better tone, flexibility i could go on for hours. Ne ways, Started a modern rock band a few years back called Fighting Gemini and have been rocking my SE's ever since. Thinking of doing some Pup swapping tho. Check us out and let me know what you think! www.FightingGemini.com

Hey gang...my name is Jason. I'm a management consultant by day, and an amateur rocker by night. Currently playing locally in a three-piece acoustic cover band (two guitars and a percussionist), playing about 2 weekend gigs a month.

I've lusted after PRS guitars for nearly 20 years now (since I was about 16). Coming from pretty modest means, it was never a really an attainable goal for me for the longest time. When I graduated from college, my mom actually offered to buy a PRS as a graduation gift; she knew how badly I wanted one, but I knew she couldn't really afford it, so I told her that I appreciated it but we should settle on something more realistic. But in 2011, I fell completely in love with the Signature Limited Private Stock guitar (though it was still WAY outside my price range). The 2012 Siggy only reinforced my affinity, and when I found out that PRS had started making a 408MT as a production guitar, I think my heart skipped a beat. I finally found myself in a position, after so many years of waiting, to take the plunge. This past February, I placed an order with WMC for an Artist Package 408MT, and I'm expecting it in the coming 3-6 weeks. I'm beyond excited, a little terrified at spending so much on a single guitar, and absolutely dying over the suspense!

In doing a bit of lurking here over the past few weeks, it seems like many of you know each other quite well. Living in PRS country, I hope to someday be able to to peruse the facility. I've already told my girlfriend that I'd go over the Bay Bridge to visit vineyards with her if she agreed to swing by the factory with me. :) I've recently started building my own guitars out of parts (I've got three or four concepts in my head), and last year I modded the crap out of a Schecter for the fun of it. I'm still learning, but I've fallen in love with the guitar all over again through the process of learning how it actually works. It's my goal to one day be able to afford a Private Stock guitar that I can pass down to my son as a family heirloom type thing, and I'm working hard toward that goal.

I'm really looking forward to joining the "family"!!!

Welcome Jason! Congrats on the new axe on the way, can't wait to see it - you owe us a NGD post when she comes in!!!
:)

Back