Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone, I'm writing from Italy.
I'm 36 years old, I've been the lead guitar player in a band back in high school/college years, then I moved to a new city, didn't have a band and... stopped playing guitar some years ago, unfortunately.
Some months ago I started playing again my acoustic guitar, and even if it's a bit frustrating after all these years, I'm really committed and I want to improve.
I thought I needed a small... "gift" for my commitment so I thought "when I was a teenager I was dreaming about that PRS Custom I once tried in a store, but could not afford, so... why not now, you're 36!".
So 10 minutes ago I did something a bit crazy. Instead of buying a cheap guitar, so that I can get comfortable again with electric ones, I decided to order exactly the guitar I fell in love with many years ago. I found a new, 2011 Fire Red 25th Anniversary Custom 24, and ten minutes later I was already counting the days before DHL will ship it. :p
I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here and I'm looking forward to receiving advice from all of you.
Thanks a lot,
A.

Thanks a lot Steph! Definitely will! For the moment I saved all the pics from the dealer website :)

Hello everyone, I'm writing from Italy.
I'm 36 years old, I've been the lead guitar player in a band back in high school/college years, then I moved to a new city, didn't have a band and... stopped playing guitar some years ago, unfortunately.
Some months ago I started playing again my acoustic guitar, and even if it's a bit frustrating after all these years, I'm really committed and I want to improve.
I thought I needed a small... "gift" for my commitment so I thought "when I was a teenager I was dreaming about that PRS Custom I once tried in a store, but could not afford, so... why not now, you're 36!".
So 10 minutes ago I did something a bit crazy. Instead of buying a cheap guitar, so that I can get comfortable again with electric ones, I decided to order exactly the guitar I fell in love with many years ago. I found a new, 2011 Fire Red 25th Anniversary Custom 24, and ten minutes later I was already counting the days before DHL will ship it. :p
I'm sure I'll enjoy my time here and I'm looking forward to receiving advice from all of you.
Thanks a lot,
A.

:hello:

Hello Forum, My name is James, I live in Phoenix, AZ. about me...... I work in an office (ugh) Selling Bee pollen products (alright!) and when I'm done with that, I come home and play my guitar. I've been checking out the Forum, and I just became owner of a SE Tremonti. My other guitar,(heh) is a early '90's Korean Epiphone LP flame, with a JB/'59 set inside. Glad to be here.
kiah026.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm in the PRS gang now. Right on!

I'm bad at intro. So i bought a new PRS Se custom semi-hollow guitar from Tundra Music at a really good price and even got free delivery. It came with a sweet red gig bag. The guys who work there went above and beyond
to make me happy. I wanted to make sure i was buying the right guitar and for the value. I'm impressed with the workmanship thats put into the SE at the low price. I know the PRS can fetch $4000 for some models.
Thats my story.. peace out
[h=1][/h]

Nice choice, but can we see some pics!

I would love to grab a SE semi hollow myself.

Hello from Md, recently bought a PRS SE 245 during black friday sales, got a hot deal, really impressed with quality and playability. Looking forward to attend PRS Experience. Would like to get a SE Custom 24 and a SE Bass in the future...

Hello everyone, my name is Larry. I've been lurking for awhile but decided to register. I'm different from all of you because I do not play guitar. I took 2 semesters of guitar in community college when I was 19 but unfortunetly I spent my time partying instead of practicing. wanting to get back into learning guitar. I have a cheapy accoustic now but would like a new guitar. I find it hard to make time to practice with busy family life. And I try to teach myself but I find myself saying "there's always tomorrow" but I need and want to get out of this rut. I had a friend suggest paying for lesson for the reason that it would motivate me to practice more because I wouldn't want to be waisting my money. I agree but things are always tight with the money around here(large family and single income). I am going to use some tax return this year to get new guitar. I want a SE CU24 or SE Angelus custom. I really want the SE CU24 but was always told "you should learn on an accousic 1st". So IDK what to do yet. Opinions welcome. I learn alot reading here and thank you all. Keep it up. :D

Hello everyone, my name is Larry. I've been lurking for awhile but decided to register. I'm different from all of you because I do not play guitar. I took 2 semesters of guitar in community college when I was 19 but unfortunetly I spent my time partying instead of practicing. wanting to get back into learning guitar. I have a cheapy accoustic now but would like a new guitar. I find it hard to make time to practice with busy family life. And I try to teach myself but I find myself saying "there's always tomorrow" but I need and want to get out of this rut. I had a friend suggest paying for lesson for the reason that it would motivate me to practice more because I wouldn't want to be waisting my money. I agree but things are always tight with the money around here(large family and single income). I am going to use some tax return this year to get new guitar. I want a SE CU24 or SE Angelus custom. I really want the SE CU24 but was always told "you should learn on an accousic 1st". So IDK what to do yet. Opinions welcome. I learn alot reading here and thank you all. Keep it up. :D

Hey lgk1208! Welcome to the forum.

I just want to say, that "you should learn on an acoustic 1st" is real BS. I started with a fake strat trying to play some Van Halen. 25+ years later, I'm still goin at it and having a lot of fun. I kinda believe in what Billy Gibbons once said : "Learn to play what you want to hear".

The goal is having fun.

So go get the guitar that you want and start playing what you want. The rest will follow.

Hey guys! I've been a PRS fan for quite sometime but not an owner until recently. I have a PRS SE 7 coming next Thursday and a PRS Custom 22 LTD Semi-Hollow on Monday! I'm a luthier, guitarist, and avid traveler. I use to build & design guitars for Acacia Custom Guitars here in California up until last month. I decided it was time to focus on music and branch out to amp/pedal building. muahaha.

I <3 PRS guitars. Stoked to be here. \m/ \m/

Back