Introduce yourself!

Hey Mark! I see you’ve helped yourself to the koolaid :D so settle in and relax...the assimilation will begin in 3, 2, 1...

Well, have you bought another PRS yet? Go ahead, I’ll wait right here...

Howdy All,
I opened an account about a year ago after picking up my first PRS. I've picked up a couple more and I absolutely enjoy playing PRS guitars. They really are a great instrument. I'm a hack guitar player, but have lots of fun playing and really like discussing guitars. There's lot's of great info in here and I intend to check in on this forum more often. My first PRS was a 2012 SC58. I also picked up a 408 and a Custom 22. I have other guitars in my collection, but the PRS guitars are my favorite to play.

Have a Happy Independence Day!

Howdy All,
I opened an account about a year ago after picking up my first PRS. I've picked up a couple more and I absolutely enjoy playing PRS guitars. They really are a great instrument. I'm a hack guitar player, but have lots of fun playing and really like discussing guitars. There's lot's of great info in here and I intend to check in on this forum more often. My first PRS was a 2012 SC58. I also picked up a 408 and a Custom 22. I have other guitars in my collection, but the PRS guitars are my favorite to play.

Have a Happy Independence Day!

Good choices!

Hi guys. This is a belated introduction as I have already posted elsewhere looking for help with a new Bernie Marsden so please don't stone me. Apologies for the lack of newbie courtesy but I really needed that advice. I'm here now so take a look warts and all. I'm looking forward to reading what you guys have picked up about these amazing instruments.

Hello, everyone. I picked up my 1st PRS (2004 SE Soapbar II) in the last Nov. and have become a big fun of PRS guitars. I found a 2011 Custom 24 within my price range on a domestic guitar listing site a few days ago. I made a trip to a used guitar shop in suburb of Tokyo today and got the USA made PRS (the Soapbar trade-in + some cash).

The custom 24 belonged to a gigging player and has many dings and scratches. But it is all original and comes with a hard case, a hang tag, and all the documents. I cannot put it down after I returned home. The playability is excellent. It stays in tune very well. I love the 5 tones that the blade switch offer, too.

Hello, everyone. I picked up my 1st PRS (2004 SE Soapbar II) in the last Nov. and have become a big fun of PRS guitars. I found a 2011 Custom 24 within my price range on a domestic guitar listing site a few days ago. I made a trip to a used guitar shop in suburb of Tokyo today and got the USA made PRS (the Soapbar trade-in + some cash).

The custom 24 belonged to a gigging player and has many dings and scratches. But it is all original and comes with a hard case, a hang tag, and all the documents. I cannot put it down after I returned home. The playability is excellent. It stays in tune very well. I love the 5 tones that the blade switch offer, too.

Nice grab! Congrats on your first Core.

Fantastic! Now start a NGD thread and show us some pics. And welcome!

I just became part of the PRS family after getting the Tremonti guitar artist package. Just received the MT-15 head today. The cab is on B/O. Can't wait to plug the guitar in and release the beast. Should be special!!!

Welcome Befuddled! Way to make a big entrance!:D

Oh by the way, photos or it’s a Hello Kitty through a Blackberry!;)

Hi all, my name is Ben and I have a lot of G.A.S.

PRS seems to be a pretty popular manufacturer among church musicians. I can think of four different ones I've played with who used PRS guitars. When I was complaining to one of them about how heavy my Les Paul was a year or so back, he handed me his 2003 Custom 24 (non-SE) to play through rehearsal. It was really great. It felt instantly very natural to me. He seemed to be under the impression that it had some sort of weight relief, but I dunno; I haven't really looked into it. Regardless, it was at least two pounds lighter than my LP and my shoulder didn't hurt after rehearsal.

Anyway, a couple weeks later, I bought a Zack Myers SE in trampas green, and it's been just about the only guitar I'd played over the last year. I'm hooked. Recently picked up a Custom 22 Semi-hollow SE and really dig it, too. My next guitar is going to require saving some cash, because after these two guitars I just gotta go big and get a US-made Custom 24.

Hello! I just got a new SE 245 and I'm really happy! I have a new ax! This is a nice guitar! I picked it up and just knew it was the one. It fit. When you look down the neck the frets are perfect . Like tracks going off into the distance. No wobbles just nice. Im running it into a old 90s 60watt Blues Cube. I have to give a shout out to Mr. Smith on his design and tight specs. also to World Musical Instrument Co. I could go on but you guys know!

Hi All, - I'm Yames, a new member. I've had a 1993 Custom 24 for several years and it's clearly the best playing and sounding guitar I have ever owned. Take a look at my avatar. It's the MOP owl inlay from my 24th fret. It actually has eyes! The PRS inlay artist that lent his gifts to my guitar actually found a piece of MOP with two highlights, and positioned them as eyes on the owl inlay. Now THAT is attenion to detail!

This attention to detail is apparent in every other facet of the guitar's construction and design: best neck, best trem, most flexible tone (rotary knob) best appearance (antique amber 10-top), on and on.

I've been playing for 45 years and have some pretty dang good guitars (an actual '59 Strat hardtail I bought very used when I was a kid in '73, (the original relic), an original Parker Fly Classic, a Heritage Prospect Standard among many others) and my Custom 24 is clearly better made than the rest of them.

When I discovered that my owl inlay actually had eyes, I felt compelled to join this forum to share my amazement that an inlay artist had such a dedication to quality. As my PRS attests, he is not the only one.

Thanks for indulging me, - Yames

I never intended to be a PRS owner.

I was just looking at Epi LPs @ GC... one neck was too small, another was too big... Then I saw this Camo painted SE Standard 22. What a neck! It fit my hand like a glove, but I couldn't deal with the Camouflage paint job. So I left empty-handed, but with a plan. I did some searching on the Internet and learned I wanted a 25" SE with a Wide-Fat neck. As it turned out, I could buy a new (at the time) SE Standard 22 since it ticked all the boxes. So I did.

Then I discovered this place. That lead to me buying an S2 Custom 24 which I love -- my favorite guitar. You'd think I'd be happy, right? Then I read about the S2 Studio and watched the online demo. I placed an order and waited 3 months for delivery.

Now I have 3 PRSi and a bunch of neglected Teles & Strats. The funny thing is, for the first time, I actually crave playing while I'm away at work. It feels like an addiction.

I never intended to be a PRS owner.

I was just looking at Epi LPs @ GC... one neck was too small, another was too big... Then I saw this Camo painted SE Standard 22. What a neck! It fit my hand like a glove, but I couldn't deal with the Camouflage paint job. So I left empty-handed, but with a plan. I did some searching on the Internet and learned I wanted a 25" SE with a Wide-Fat neck. As it turned out, I could buy a new (at the time) SE Standard 22 since it ticked all the boxes. So I did.

Then I discovered this place. That lead to me buying an S2 Custom 24 which I love -- my favorite guitar. You'd think I'd be happy, right? Then I read about the S2 Studio and watched the online demo. I placed an order and waited 3 months for delivery.

Now I have 3 PRSi and a bunch of neglected Teles & Strats. The funny thing is, for the first time, I actually crave playing while I'm away at work. It feels like an addiction.

Three?

Clearly we haven't been doing our best - we should have you up to six or seven by the end of the year!

Congrats! PRSh has said numerous times that playing guitar is like legal oxycontin - it's hard to feel bad when you're playing. And you'll pick up a guitar you enjoy a lot more, as you're finding out.

Back