Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guitargonish, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Monster

Monster New Member

Hello everyone. I’m Mark and a Prs addict for 20 years or so. I love all of the flavors whether it be an SE or Private Stock or anything in between. To me this is the greatest guitar company in the world by far with a staff that actually cares from the bottom to the top and am honored to be a part of this forum with you guys.

dogrocketp and Boogie like this.
  2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Welcome to the forum, Mark!

3. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Hey Mark! I see you’ve helped yourself to the koolaid :D so settle in and relax...the assimilation will begin in 3, 2, 1...

Well, have you bought another PRS yet? Go ahead, I’ll wait right here...

dogrocketp and Alnus Rubra like this.
  4. 5thumbs

5thumbs New Member

Hi im new so ill be just lurking around for a bit

dogrocketp, Alnus Rubra and Boogie like this.
  5. bodia

Welcome!

5thumbs likes this.
  6. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Join in, its fun

dogrocketp and 5thumbs like this.
  7. dynadog44

dynadog44 Hack Guitarist

Howdy All,
    I opened an account about a year ago after picking up my first PRS. I've picked up a couple more and I absolutely enjoy playing PRS guitars. They really are a great instrument. I'm a hack guitar player, but have lots of fun playing and really like discussing guitars. There's lot's of great info in here and I intend to check in on this forum more often. My first PRS was a 2012 SC58. I also picked up a 408 and a Custom 22. I have other guitars in my collection, but the PRS guitars are my favorite to play.

Have a Happy Independence Day!

dogrocketp likes this.
  8. bodia

Good choices!

9. Bordonbert

Bordonbert New Member

Hi guys. This is a belated introduction as I have already posted elsewhere looking for help with a new Bernie Marsden so please don't stone me. Apologies for the lack of newbie courtesy but I really needed that advice. I'm here now so take a look warts and all. I'm looking forward to reading what you guys have picked up about these amazing instruments.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  10. Sabu Chan

Sabu Chan New Member

Hello, everyone. I picked up my 1st PRS (2004 SE Soapbar II) in the last Nov. and have become a big fun of PRS guitars. I found a 2011 Custom 24 within my price range on a domestic guitar listing site a few days ago. I made a trip to a used guitar shop in suburb of Tokyo today and got the USA made PRS (the Soapbar trade-in + some cash).

The custom 24 belonged to a gigging player and has many dings and scratches. But it is all original and comes with a hard case, a hang tag, and all the documents. I cannot put it down after I returned home. The playability is excellent. It stays in tune very well. I love the 5 tones that the blade switch offer, too.

11. bodia

Nice grab! Congrats on your first Core.

12. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Fantastic! Now start a NGD thread and show us some pics. And welcome!

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  13. Alnus Rubra

Welcome Sabu and what he said!:D

14. Befuddled

Befuddled New Member

I just became part of the PRS family after getting the Tremonti guitar artist package. Just received the MT-15 head today. The cab is on B/O. Can't wait to plug the guitar in and release the beast. Should be special!!!

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  15. Alnus Rubra

Welcome Befuddled! Way to make a big entrance!:D

Oh by the way, photos or it’s a Hello Kitty through a Blackberry!;)

16. derFunk

derFunk New Member

Hi all, my name is Ben and I have a lot of G.A.S.

PRS seems to be a pretty popular manufacturer among church musicians. I can think of four different ones I've played with who used PRS guitars. When I was complaining to one of them about how heavy my Les Paul was a year or so back, he handed me his 2003 Custom 24 (non-SE) to play through rehearsal. It was really great. It felt instantly very natural to me. He seemed to be under the impression that it had some sort of weight relief, but I dunno; I haven't really looked into it. Regardless, it was at least two pounds lighter than my LP and my shoulder didn't hurt after rehearsal.

Anyway, a couple weeks later, I bought a Zack Myers SE in trampas green, and it's been just about the only guitar I'd played over the last year. I'm hooked. Recently picked up a Custom 22 Semi-hollow SE and really dig it, too. My next guitar is going to require saving some cash, because after these two guitars I just gotta go big and get a US-made Custom 24.

Alnus Rubra likes this.
  17. FenderBender

FenderBender New Member

Hello! I just got a new SE 245 and I'm really happy! I have a new ax! This is a nice guitar! I picked it up and just knew it was the one. It fit. When you look down the neck the frets are perfect . Like tracks going off into the distance. No wobbles just nice. Im running it into a old 90s 60watt Blues Cube. I have to give a shout out to Mr. Smith on his design and tight specs. also to World Musical Instrument Co. I could go on but you guys know!

18. Darkho

Darkho New Member

Bienvenue à FenderBender (futurama fan ?) and derFunk (from Germany ?) !