Incoming NGD- Bernie

mojo1fan

After having some of my questions answered in another thread, I decided to grab a used Bernie Marsden.

nn3p4eut3zmyklsbq4kj.jpg

qf4dblj8fnnjahpe5fbk.jpg

ehdwgzokfl926wo3ubfp.jpg

The owner had replaced the tuners with locking versions and also replaced the pickups. I think the covers make the guitar look more vintage.

... and he had replaced the original knobs with Gibson style ones. And he had replaced the original strap buttons.

... and he had replaced the original knobs with Gibson style ones. And he had replaced the original strap buttons.

I noticed the knobs, but not the strap buttons. I wonder if those are for Strap Locks?

It also has a non-original bag with it. Even though I have an extra PRS bag, I might just get a generic hardshell case for this one.

They're different. He said they have braided-shielded leads and the resistance is handwritten on the bottom of the pickups.
Any idea of make of pickup, don’t suppose it really matters as long as you like the tonal qualities.

Any idea of make of pickup, don’t suppose it really matters as long as you like the tonal qualities.

He wasn't sure. He just thought they were much better than the stock ones. It may betray the true purpose of the Bernie, but I'm hoping they're 4 conductor so I can coil tap them.

Last edited:
He wasn't sure. he just thought they were much better than the stock ones. It may betray the true purpose of the Bernie, but I'm hoping their 4 conductor so I can coil tap them.
No harm in having options! PRSh is on a constant journey of tweaking and improving, as are lots of the gals/guys on here.

Nothing wrong with a little ”modding”:D

The Bernie finally arrived last night, despite FedEx not knowing where it was for about half the day.

Initial impressions- YES! Me likey. Good solid weight but not too heavy. The guitar resonates nicely. Neck is nice and chunky as advertised. The guitar is in nearly new condition, so for $400 I feel good about the transaction. I'll get to mess with it more this evening after work.

Back