In a smoke filled bar...

I had a doublecut in the early 2000's. It felt great but the neck was very susceptible to changes in the weather. The shape of this one makes me giggle.

I got about excited over that guitar as a kick in the jewels.

I'd rather grab a CU22 or another McCarty......

they should have put parallelogram inlays on this thing.

Parallelograms turn dogs into prom queens.

I find it interesting that they modified the shape to appear much like the PRS. They made such a big deal about the LP shape and it has a very circular shape on the back end. This has the teardrop shape of a PRS on the back end. I guess the rounded LP shape wasn't so important after all. I do think it is a very intentional nod to PRS flattery.

Trying to sell a volute without calling it a volute - not that I have anything against volutes but I know G purists do.

Sorry to spam this thread so much, so soon, its just such a hot topic.

It looks pretty nice to me, and more importantly, sounds good. What's the big issue?

It's probably a very nice guitar. Why bother slagging it?

The thing doesn't really look like a PRS, the shape reminds me of some of the bass guitars on the market.

Competition is the driving force for the free market. This may make prs step up their game. Can't wait to see what paul has in response.

My big complaint is that the body carve looks cheap. Sounds pretty good, and you can`t go wrong with a gold top. THere is the Gibson fret popping issue to deal with within 8 months. Also, I have a friend who`s a luthier and has a plek machine. he and I looked at a new Lester that definitely was not plekked. Don`t care what the ads say.

Well said. This is the guitar equivalent of Hot Topic. You know, that store in the mall where kooks go to buy "alternative" fashion because their square-@sses are all of the sudden tryin' to be cutting-edge, but the missed it, like ten years ago.

Serg, be careful what you say as it may come back to bite you when you guest-judge on PR

Back