I'm not an Axe FX 2 guy

I'm glad this thread got bumped. I've been meaning to post a follow-up comment.

HippieTim was right - high-gain tube amps react the same way as the Axe FX with regard to volume knob response.

FWIW is finally did a patch that totally makes me feel inspired and feel like having a real amp next to me....

Using my Custom 24.

That does sound good. You can hear quite a few "real amp characteristics" through that.

Last edited by a moderator:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;106913 said:
I'm glad this thread got bumped. I've been meaning to post a follow-up comment.

HippieTim was right - high-gain tube amps react the same way as the Axe FX with regard to volume knob response.

:)

Now go try a great cranked Plexi and compare to the Axe-FX. The Plexi will absolutely respond to your volume knob. So will the Axe-FX.

:)

Now go try a great cranked Plexi and compare to the Axe-FX. The Plexi will absolutely respond to your volume knob. So will the Axe-FX.

Tim speaks great wisdom!

I love my THD Flexi 50 for the way it responds to the guitar's volume knob and touch. Sadly, it rearranges the furniture when I'm running it in its sweet spot.

A couple of months ago, I captured its speaker cab in an IR and tone matched the Flexi in my Axe-II.

Last weekend I was noodling around on what I thought was the Plexi Treble patch in the Axe-II, thinking "gawd this is a great sound!" Looked over, and it was my homebrew Flexi patch :D

You owe it to yourself to try the Jumpered Plexi patch that's in the new-ish version 11 firmware. Pure awesomeness in grit, spank, punch, and the way it cleans up when you roll the volume knob back.

Yeah, I'm an Axe-Fx II guy. :)

Back