I'd just like to show off my baby Epiphone, and see if anyone can give me more information about it.

tdroid

Hi Everyone,

So, this is my Epiphone Texan. It's from the 60's but I don't know exactly when. I've owned it since I was a child, and it was handed down to me by parents who don't play. I'm not interested in selling, and am going to will it to a cousin of mine, as he's a much player in his teens than I ever will be, but I'd still like to know a bit more about the instrument.

Can anyone help me figure out the specific year? There seems to only be one website that offers vague ideas of production year. I'm pretty confident it's not a '67, as they switched to metal tuner knobs, but non-67's seem to have rosewood saddles, whereas this is plastic. As far as I know, nothing has been upgraded (I know I haven't touched it in the 40 years I've owned it) and I'm pretty sure my parents picked up in the 70s, and never did a thing with it. No idea who the original owner was.

Also like to know what it might be worth in its condition, as I can't find anything similar on Reverb. Again, not looking to sell, but curious is curious.

Thanks! Please see my baby, below.

Hi Everyone,

So, this is my Epiphone Texan. It's from the 60's but I don't know exactly when. I've owned it since I was a child, and it was handed down to me by parents who don't play. I'm not interested in selling, and am going to will it to a cousin of mine, as he's a much player in his teens than I ever will be, but I'd still like to know a bit more about the instrument.

Can anyone help me figure out the specific year? There seems to only be one website that offers vague ideas of production year. I'm pretty confident it's not a '67, as they switched to metal tuner knobs, but non-67's seem to have rosewood saddles, whereas this is plastic. As far as I know, nothing has been upgraded (I know I haven't touched it in the 40 years I've owned it) and I'm pretty sure my parents picked up in the 70s, and never did a thing with it. No idea who the original owner was.

Also like to know what it might be worth in its condition, as I can't find anything similar on Reverb. Again, not looking to sell, but curious is curious.

Thanks! Please see my baby, below.

Epiphones are awesome. Got a few Epiphone electrics here...

Congrats!!

I have its twin from the 70’s. Bought it off a friend in florida 35 years ago for 50 bucks, it needs some love but I will always keep it and get it looked after. Mine is a bolt on and not a ‘great’ guitar but the neck feels awesome and sounds real good for a strummer.

Back