I wish I could play like Bryan Ewald!

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5962

I just watched a couple new videos on the PRS channel. New SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow and new SE 245 Standard.

First of all, Bryan spells his name the right way, aka, like my brothers. So he's cool right from the get go.

I really like his touch with the instruments. I love his right hand and how he flips from pick to fingers to both so seamlessly, and the style in which he plays. Totally out of my wheelhouse. I really wish I could play like that. He's just such a nice player.

I'd go as far as to say that even my wife might like my playing if I played like he does! :) Of course, she'd also probably say "If you can play like that, why have you made me put up with that noise you've been playing for the last 30 years?"

Side note: The new SE C22 Semi looks and sounds REALLY good in the demo! Great job as usual, Bryan!

I just watched a couple new videos on the PRS channel. New SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow and new SE 245 Standard.

First of all, Bryan spells his name the right way, aka, like my brothers. So he's cool right from the get go.

I really like his touch with the instruments. I love his right hand and how he flips from pick to fingers to both so seamlessly, and the style in which he plays. Totally out of my wheelhouse. I really wish I could play like that. He's just such a nice player.

I'd go as far as to say that even my wife might like my playing if I played like he does! :) Of course, she'd also probably say "If you can play like that, why have you made me put up with that noise you've been playing for the last 30 years?"

Side note: The new SE C22 Semi looks and sounds REALLY good in the demo! Great job as usual, Bryan!

Thanks man. btw - I'm starting up a youtube guitar channel focusing on tips, lessons and such. So you'll be able to do all that and more in no time at all. Stay tuned.

Wait, what!?!?!? How cool is this!

The thing I like most about Bryan's playing the natural phrasing. It sounds just like I would want it to sound if I could play that well.

Bryan, I look forward checking it out. I could use a few tips (especially on phrasing)!

Thanks man. btw - I'm starting up a youtube guitar channel focusing on tips, lessons and such. So you'll be able to do all that and more in no time at all. Stay tuned.

Yes, please let us know when it’s up and running. I just like and appreciate your style and feel of the instrument, and how different it is from mine. It would really expand my abilities if I could just get some of your style, touch and vibe going.

When I started playing, I just ran with the guys who blew me away at the time. I never learned any fingerstyle. And I’m not much of a chordsmith. I’d love to have some of your feel/vibe/style and it would carry very well into what I play when I play live. And the closer I watch, the more I appreciate that slick right hand of yours. Even a little of what you do would make me a better, more well rounded player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Awesome! I like your playing style - a lot! Very tasty technique and subtlety in your playing. Most excellent.

This is good news. Really like your playing, you strike me as one of those guitarists that could play anything and sound great. looking forward to seeing your own channel in the future.

Good to hear you’re expanding your digital horizons and looking forward to your channel.
Consider me one of many thousands who will subscribe

Bryan is the man!

You are the man :D!

Bryan with a "y" or Briany if you will.

I would imagine Senor Ewald will have a prominent place in the EXP2018 line up, so you will get a chance to see his wizardry firsthand. Don't miss the opportunity.
Señor Ewald...kinda catchy album name. :D It will be nice to hear him with an opened up amp.

I've spent the last 5 months learning and honing guitar parts to about 25 songs that Bryan himself put down on records for the country artist with whom I play now. Bryan is a killer player way more than those videos show!!! I am constantly catching myself just listening to his playing, while trying to learn the parts, they just sounds SO GOOOOD! He lays down several different styles, and has ridiculous slide chops as well!!!

If you've only seen the demo videos, you don't even know how good he is. For real!

Back