I want mini toggle switches...

Love Cat's creation. McTrem with Siggy Ltd switching - awesome!

This PS 245 is pretty perfect as well...

flebm7yglowuaiblv20u.jpg

hey, I've been eyeing' that one!

You would not add another knob just change one of the existing pots for another push pull ( or 2 )
Here is what I would do buy 2 - Push Pull or Push Push Push pots
Pot #1 ( Bridge Vol ) Down standard Bucker up tapped
Pot #2 ( Neck Vol ) Down standard Bucker up tapped
Pot #3 ( Tone ) Down standard tone Up Out of phase

This would give you individual taps of each pickup without and perm mods to the guitar

Thanks for the suggestion. PTC just suggested something similar. I am asking about what you listed here for the phase option.

Your DGT tone control already taps both pickups as you know. If you add individual mini taps, you could use the tone pot as a tone circuit switch, like a boost or a treble pickup straight to output bypass.

What does pickup straight to output do different? Kind of curious about this.

What does pickup straight to output do different? Kind of curious about this.
Suhr calls it a "blower switch". A blower switch opens the bridge pickup straight to the guitar's main output, bypassing all volume and tone controls. The effect is a boost. I believe it may also bypass the pickup selector switch also, which opens up the possibility of going from neck pickup (for example) with whatever VOL and TONE settings you have engaged to full-blown bridge pickup slaying shredder tone with the flick of a switch or button or whatever you're using.

Well, PTC thought the control cavity was too small for toggles. Also warned that putting a split for each pickup might mess with the tone that DGT is known for, so I went forward with putting a blowout out the bridge and phase on the neck.

Argh! PTC informed me this evening that the finish blemishes on my DGT will result in a refinish under warranty. Now my mind is spinning with options to consider with this free refin. I might just go with classic black, but I want to see what the grain looks like. Also considering other opaque options. Lastly, the wiring I just had done might be changed if they can squeeze those mini toggles or another switch of some sort.

Argh! PTC informed me this evening that the finish blemishes on my DGT will result in a refinish under warranty. Now my mind is spinning with options to consider with this free refin. I might just go with classic black, but I want to see what the grain looks like. Also considering other opaque options. Lastly, the wiring I just had done might be changed if they can squeeze those mini toggles or another switch of some sort.

Keep us posted of your decision:D

Tough choice! I have to say, I sent in a dark whale blue Cu22 almost two years ago. I didn't even know it had b!tchin' mineral streaks in it until I got it back. I had it re-done in Purple Hazel, which is still dark. Just seems like it wasn't over done, or something. Those steaks are clearly visible now. Good luck with your choice! Keep in mind, it needs to be something in the same space as the original color. For example, I couldn't go from whale blue (or royal blue) to a yellow color like Vintage McCarty because they aren't able to get 100% of the original stain off. In my example, there could have been some green spots if I went with a yellow.

Back