I want mini toggle switches...

I picked up a Bernie (SE) locally at a very nice price. Modded to add 2 mini switches, each 3 way. The pickups were upgraded to Duncan P-Rails. The switches allow a choice between single coil, P-90 and humbucking from either pickup.The stock 3 way allows mixing the pickups in any combination. Very versatile.

How are the mini toggles different from a push/pull pot for each pickup?

The difference is...

...they're mini toggles. ;)

Also that would free up the push/pull for another function if desired. Or you could do two push/pulls and use the toggles for something else. Just personal preference really.

Wow, this was the first Google Result when I searched "mini-toggles on DGT. I just sent my DGT off for tune up, possible satinizing of the neck, and buffing at the PTC. Now my mind is going over things I could do on this shipment while there at PRS.

I did the mini toggles ( like a Brett Mason ) on this one and I do like the 408 style switching but on a DGT I think I would go with a second push pull ( or better yet Push Push ) to be able to split the pickups independently or look at the Mega switch and add some extra cool switching option
if I was making a change

IMG_2736 by

With the positioning of the DGT pots and the back access, I am having a hard time figuring out how to get another push pull on there. A fourth knob is out of the question.

Yet another reason the go to Chicago.
I’d love to give that a go.
I did the mini toggles ( like a Brett Mason ) on this one and I do like the 408 style switching but on a DGT I think I would go with a second push pull ( or better yet Push Push ) to be able to split the pickups independently or look at the Mega switch and add some extra cool switching option
if I was making a change

IMG_2736 by

Like this ?

I don’t see anything Cat.

The PS team is building a guitar for me using the gold leaf they have used a few times in the past. Don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm a fan of the sig switching as you can see :). The guitar is actually a McCarty trem, almost a DGT ;)
Yeah, those mini toggles on your McC go right where the second volume pot on the DGT are located.

Holy crap. Found a similar single cut on Reverb. Private Stock, eh? No way I could get away with spending the kid's college money on something like that. I'll stick with my used DGT.

You would not add another knob just change one of the existing pots for another push pull ( or 2 )
Here is what I would do buy 2 - Push Pull or Push Push Push pots
Pot #1 ( Bridge Vol ) Down standard Bucker up tapped
Pot #2 ( Neck Vol ) Down standard Bucker up tapped
Pot #3 ( Tone ) Down standard tone Up Out of phase

This would give you individual taps of each pickup without and perm mods to the guitar

With the positioning of the DGT pots and the back access, I am having a hard time figuring out how to get another push pull on there. A fourth knob is out of the question.

Thanks for the suggestion, but who puts push/pulls on volume pots? I don't think I would want that.

Back