I think I have a pedal problem...

gtrdave

n+1 is the correct value
IMG_3048.jpg

These are all of the pedals that are not in my pedalboard. I picked up some of these today when I traded some other unused gear for them via craigslist and I did so specifically to sell them off. I've heard that the TS10 Tube Screamer is worth something.

A few of these will only be used in the studio at rare times, when the producer or I or the client wants that sound that only said pedal can create. Like the Gonkulator. That's pretty much a one trick pony, but what a cool trick it is!

Anyway, here's the board-less collection as of today and as with every other assembly of pedals I've had since 1980-something, it's subject to change...

That's not too bad, I think that's fairly normal.

I'm really trying to fight my urges for a pedalboard filled with vintage Musitronics pedals, which would be devastating to my PayPal account.

IMG_3048.jpg

These are all of the pedals that are not in my pedalboard. I picked up some of these today when I traded some other unused gear for them via craigslist and I did so specifically to sell them off. I've heard that the TS10 Tube Screamer is worth something.

A few of these will only be used in the studio at rare times, when the producer or I or the client wants that sound that only said pedal can create. Like the Gonkulator. That's pretty much a one trick pony, but what a cool trick it is!

Anyway, here's the board-less collection as of today and as with every other assembly of pedals I've had since 1980-something, it's subject to change...

That’s not a pedal problem. A pedal problem is when you don’t have enough pedals, and can’t afford any!

You have an excess of pedals. That’s a good thing! ;)

As far as I know: the Ibanez ts10 was used on record by SRV. I've read that his tech (Rene Martinez) said that everybody thinks he used the TS808 but that wasn't true.
And I dig the Cock Fight :D

As far as I know: the Ibanez ts10 was used on record by SRV. I've read that his tech (Rene Martinez) said that everybody thinks he used the TS808 but that wasn't true.

I did a little reading on the TS10 and didn't realize that it's got a pretty good following. After trying the pedal out briefly yesterday, I can see why. It is a beautiful-sounding overdrive pedal and I may not want to part with it.

The Cock Fight is cool. It was given to me by a friend who has since passed away, so I'm keeping it for sentimental value as well as practical. I like that I can use an expression pedal to trigger it, too.

Actually, you have a pretty good nose for pedals from the look of that collection. You're a power supply, a pedalboard kit, and a couple hours of elbow grease away from nirvana.

I did a little reading on the TS10 and didn't realize that it's got a pretty good following. After trying the pedal out briefly yesterday, I can see why. It is a beautiful-sounding overdrive pedal and I may not want to part with it.
Interestingly enough, the TS10 was supposedly made as a lower budget version of the TS808 and TS9. However, people like SRV and more recently, our own John Mayer have popularized it.

Rumor also has it that the Maxon OD808 is pretty much the same circuit as the TS10. Never played a real TS10, but the Maxon OD808 is a sweet pedal. Only thing that beats it in my book is a Keeley modded TS808 (or a vintage one, if you can swing it).

The general timeline I've read with SRV's Tube Screamers is that he used a pair of Cesar Diaz-modded TS808s (one clean, one dirty) in the early to mid 80s, with a TS9 replacing the clean TS808 ca 1985, and then a TS10 replacing the dirty TS808 from 1988 on. One of those Diaz-modded TS808s sold locally here for $11 grand a year or two back, and man, that thing looked like it got fed through a woodchipper. :p

Actually, you have a pretty good nose for pedals from the look of that collection. You're a power supply, a pedalboard kit, and a couple hours of elbow grease away from nirvana.

I have considered creating a second pedalboard. I'm not 100% there, yet, but give me a month or two...

26187945_410237106078006_2926035290323681280_n.jpg
12552255_1015033515223510_1892083948_n.jpg
14072772_163199094084986_1947419002_n.jpg

These mofos are multiplying.

Ha - whoever said tone is in the fingers... they were wrong! Apparently, tone is in the toes! I have a hard enough time concentrating on my fingers let alone what my feet are doing. I'm on a tear to get rid of as many pedals as possible. I just sold my old Rat today (that I bought new in 1988) for a fist-full of dollars. ;) I'm down to 5 pedals now - Wah, OD, Graphic EQ, Analog Delay and a Chorus (that I want to get rid of, and replace with a Vibe.)

Back