I stole a CE 24 from Guitar Center yesterday

Pakwaan

Living Room Rock Star
I’ve always been a Les Paul guy, but I played a PRS SE recently and was really impressed with the feel and the quality. Since then I have been toying with the idea of picking one up. Yesterday, I was in Guitar Center looking at some amps when someone walks in with a PRS gig bag and tells the guy behind the counter that he needs to sell it. I’m trying not to be too nosy, but I’m curious what he’s got so I move a little closer. He pulled out this gorgeous ruby red flame CE 24 that looks brand new. Wow, would I love to have that, but definitely out of my price range. So I went back to looking at amps.

A few minutes later, I wander back by the counter again and I hear him say “Well, if that’s the best you can do, I guess I’ll have to take it. I don’t have much choice”. I walked over and complimented him on the guitar and asked him what they offered him for it. He said $700. I said “I’ll give you $800 for it right now.”. He said “Done”. He looked at the clerk, who laughed and said “Just take it outside guys”. After a quick trip to the ATM down the street, I’m the proud new owner of a mint 2017 CE 24 that I stole right from under the nose of the store I love to hate, for the same price I would have paid for the SE.

Last edited:
I forgot - without a photo, it didn’t happen!

prs.jpg

for that price you can put a MannMade trem on it one day and still come out way ahead of the game!

Back