I need your advice... NAGD?

Basauri

Diamonds x Guitars deal with Paul
possibly a New Acoustic Guitar Day?

I wasn't looking for it, but out of the blue there's this PRS Angelus Custom...
Apparently when the acoustic line started, there was a core line, like this angelus custom but I'm not sure if this is similar to nowadays Private Stock line but less fancy. Could you confirm?
They were something like 7k new, and he's asking near 3k in pristine condition.
My questions are: is a good purchase? Am I paying that amount for a superb and extraordinary instrument or this kind of acoustic is too much for a non professional player?

PRS_A131194_01_1_1024x1024.jpg

Of course I'll enjoy! And I'm getting rid of one of my R9 so, in my budget.
But I also want to buy a 594 and, despite this being a good opportunity, maybe will affect my hypothetical 594 purchase.
Otoh, this looks like a one off opprtunity of buying a guitar that nowadays is only available through PS...

Oh, I'm so deep in this GAS illness :(

To buy or not to buy...an age-old dilemma that has plagued the generations.

Either way...that's a stunner. LOVE IT.

I say - go for it!

Sounds like a great deal on a perfect Angelus.

If you play acoustically, it sounds like a good time to buy. If you only play electric use the money where it is most valuable. The acoustic will just sit there.

The real question is can you manage to get it to Spain with all of the CITES stuff?

The guitar is here in Spain, it would be a local deal. In fact I'm going to try it on saturday.
I hope to clear my doubts playing it, but even liking it my dilemma is:

An acoustic is cool for songwritting, ballads and solo stuff, and this is a one off opportunity because you rarely see a PRS angleus at this price

vs

Most of my playing is electric and that money could go to a cheaper acoustic + other things/guitars, as AP515 says

It will tell you whether or not to buy it. Price seems good. They don't come up for sale often at that price, that's for sure. I always look at it like this...if I could've bought it and didn't, then someone else bought it the next day, would I be upset? You'll either love how it sounds and plays or not, usually. I felt regret after playing a used PS Tonare Grand when I was in Memphis last year. I even played it up against a few other high end acoustics. I was sad when it sold. I didn't have the money for it anyway, but still. 594's will likely be around quite awhile.

The guitar is here in Spain, it would be a local deal. In fact I'm going to try it on saturday.
I hope to clear my doubts playing it, but even liking it my dilemma is:

An acoustic is cool for songwritting, ballads and solo stuff, and this is a one off opportunity because you rarely see a PRS angleus at this price

vs

Most of my playing is electric and that money could go to a cheaper acoustic + other things/guitars, as AP515 says

Sweet! Hope you dig it!

That's a beauty! Although I love my Guild, I would love to at least play one of those to see what it sounds like.

And the deal you got is outstanding!

That's a beauty! Although I love my Guild, I would love to at least play one of those to see what it sounds like.

And the deal you got is outstanding!

Thanks!
Before trying it, I made a stop at my nearest guitar shop in order to get some sound and feeling references. I played:

A Gibson J45, meh
A Martin D28, warm and easy to play. Maybe lacked some high chime
A Yamaha... A 5k Yamaha, don't know the model, round and harmonically rich. Very good guitar, maybe a little bright for my taste.

Compared to those, this PRS was perfect. As warm as the Martin but more complex, more frequencies, as harmonically rich as the Yamaha but warmer and more equilibrated... and much more! Easier to play, better tonewoods, better fit and finish...

When I asked for help here I didn't know If I should buy such acoustic. Today I can tell you my thought: how did I live without this guitar so far?

Of course I'll enjoy! And I'm getting rid of one of my R9 so, in my budget.
But I also want to buy a 594 and, despite this being a good opportunity, maybe will affect my hypothetical 594 purchase.
Otoh, this looks like a one off opprtunity of buying a guitar that nowadays is only available through PS...

Oh, I'm so deep in this GAS illness :(

Something kinda obtainable vs. something you can buy any day is a win for the Angelus in my book. Even though it's not a PS model, that's the team who makes it at a premium higher than before.

I'll promise some decent photos before closing this topic!

Look what I brought yesterday at home!

https://instagram.com/p/BeyMbAGg_uH/

The moment I played it, all doubts disappeared. Not only I felt it like a superb guitar but THE RIGHT guitar for me. It was an instant connection.

Thank you very much for your help!
I told you it would tell you! :)
I know within one chord if I have any interest in an acoustic. Usually they speak to you.

Back