I need to learn that

Several years back I was scanning through Sirius XM and hit on Deep Tracks which was playing Robert Plant's All The Kings Horses off his 2005 Mighty ReArranger album and I knew I had to learn it. It's in open C and I wound up recording a version that my Dad got to hear before he passed. While not an exact copy of Plant's version, I did add the harmony vocals and the lead guitar line and imo, it's probably one of the best recordings I've done. I still love to play this song, it sounds great out on the back deck on a nice summer evening after an adult beverage or 3.

Several years back I was scanning through Sirius XM and hit on Deep Tracks which was playing Robert Plant's All The Kings Horses off his 2005 Mighty ReArranger album and I knew I had to learn it. It's in open C and I wound up recording a version that my Dad got to hear before he passed. While not an exact copy of Plant's version, I did add the harmony vocals and the lead guitar line and imo, it's probably one of the best recordings I've done. I still love to play this song, it sounds great out on the back deck on a nice summer evening after an adult beverage or 3.

Would love to hear it. Any chance you'd post it?

Wow went checked that out on the YOU awesome song, but I replied because when I saw Plant I thought about Jimmy Pages band The Firm doing All the Kings Horses (completely different song) one of my fav's

I really need to buckle down and “re-learn” some songs I haven’t played in years. Before I quit playing for 10 years, I had multiple whole albums by my favorite bands (Rush, VH, Ozzie, Trower, Gary Moore, etc) that I would play every song. I’ve tried to play a couple of them recently, and can usually stumble through the first part and have it down by the second verse, fumble though parts of the solo a time or two then get them down. Some of the harder stuff (VH solos, Di Meola stuff) I need to sit down and slowly remind myself, then the more difficult ones I have to “relearn the muscle memory” as well, which takes a few run throughs.

I was working on the solo to “As I Am” for a while, but with my hand and fingers the way they are now, don’t know if I’m up for that anymore.

I got it. You should be proud of what you did. I'll send you a PM too, but I wanted everyone else to know that it was a great performance!

+1. You did a really nice job on this.

Back