I Have Really Long Hair ...

IKnowALittle

but, I will NEVER , do a "man bun". I will just continue to deal with all the guys that try to pick me up in the supermarket and pub.

I'm not sure how this happened, but lately I've been getting a lot of calls to fill in for guys who are sick, hung over, family stuff, whatever. Anyway, tonite, I played with a pretty hardcore southern rock band who are incredibly good and play LOUD. A real treat to be honest. Actually, got to play and sing "I Know A Little", "Statesboro Blues" ... 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, Outlaws, Hellecats and some old LR Parnell. When you think about it, if your a gigging guitarist like me, it's amazing how many songs you know after 36 years.

It is very seldom that I drink when I play, but tonite brought back so many memories that I had that "extra beer".
Not going to rant like I usually do, I will just say that this is the absolutely best looking women in the world, with the voice of an Angel.

However, I have been thinking about forming an "Uncle Dave Macon" tribute band.

Last edited:
I'm embarrassed to say Emmylou first appeared on my radar only after seeing Brother, where art thou, and picking up the soundtrack, so many greats on that one.

I saw a band saturday night and after listening to their first/second sets I realized that I knew most of their material. I could easily filled in at a moments notice.

Kinda cool.

I will just say that this is the absolutely best looking women in the world, with the voice of an Angel
That's a matter of opinion, in mine she most definitely isn't the best looking woman in the world, there's far too much hairspray for my taste, 1981 has gone, and she sings country, I'll leave it at that.

PS/ They said Charlotte Church had the voice of an angel and it turns out she's has the mouth of a sewer to go with it and her mother is the same.

Last edited:
but, I will NEVER , do a "man bun". I will just continue to deal with all the guys that try to pick me up in the supermarket and pub.

I'm not sure how this happened, but lately I've been getting a lot of calls to fill in for guys who are sick, hung over, family stuff, whatever. Anyway, tonite, I played with a pretty hardcore southern rock band who are incredibly good and play LOUD. A real treat to be honest. Actually, got to play and sing "I Know A Little", "Statesboro Blues" ... 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, Outlaws, Hellecats and some old LR Parnell. When you think about it, if your a gigging guitarist like me, it's amazing how many songs you know after 36 years.

It is very seldom that I drink when I play, but tonite brought back so many memories that I had that "extra beer".
Not going to rant like I usually do, I will just say that this is the absolutely best looking women in the world, with the voice of an Angel.

However, I have been thinking about forming an "Uncle Dave Macon" tribute band.
Sounds like an awesome night. That sounds like a fun band to see.

As for the long hair; back when I was in my late teens (mid 80s) I was rockin' long hair, wavy perm and blonde highlights. I worked in the Layaway department at the local K-Mart and I used to get, "excuse me ma'am" all the time. Still makes me smile to think about it. Especially since I've been on the other end of the folacle spectrum for the past 10 years.

I had a man bun, pigtails, prom-updos, Princess Leia buns, and braids and no guys ever hit on me. :(

That's a matter of opinion, in mine she most definitely isn't the best looking woman in the world, there's far too much hairspray for my taste, 1981 has gone, and she sings country, I'll leave it at that.

PS/ They said Charlotte Church had the voice of an angel and it turns out she's has the mouth of a sewer to go with it and her mother is the same.

Exactly, just checked her out on youtube and didn't do anything for me, but that's the beauty of us all being different.
I've meet and played (guitar, casually) with Emmy a few times and I readily admit to being "smitten".

Last edited:
I like Old Country, I learned about Emmy in Jr. High, and have loved her talent for many years. Oh, and I had a short perm for a few years in my 20's.

I have buns. Had them all my life....

Yeah, me too. I must have reasonably attractive ones, based on all the times I get "hit on", but somehow it's never women ... things have changed from a few years ago.
I'm not quite old enough for the "excuse me ma'am yet."
It's very odd, I don't look like a woman, even from behind, just have long hair.

but, this is my approach ...

guy ... Hi, what's your name", (once he knows that he has no clue what to do now).
me ... Lola,
guy ... Laurie
me ... no, Lola

Then they either get confused, befuddled or want to fight. Anyway, it all works out in the end.
Actually, the best way to avoid a fight is with humour. If you can make the guy (or group of guys) laugh, and I'm not great at it, it totally defuses and de-escalates the confrontation. Works like a charm ... all the time, every time.

Last edited:
Back