I Have McFever! (Pics Needed)

I love McCarthys for their elegance and the fact that they've less holes drilled into beautiful tops.

But I wonder if it is technically possible to invent a toggle switch that simultaneously serves as a tone control (swivels and turns at the same time). Could be just a matter of elongating the shaft so that it can accommodate a moving pot with more wire slack, yet terminate in a toggle connections. Then with some reconfiguration, you'd have at least two volumes and one tone on every PRS!

This isn't quite what you're talking about, but might be of interest: http://www.freewayswitch.com/

rictus-erectus-you-had-a-baby-boy-and-hes-perfect-in-every-way.jpg

So.... Sergio --HATES!!!-- blue guitars...... unless it's a McCarty...????
Way to keep us guessing there buddy..... o_O
If it makes him feel better, I'm seriously considering getting mine refinished by the PTC to Eriza Verde with a Natural back and Satin finish on the neck.

Although, I may get distracted by a 245 before I get the chance..

Last edited:
It really is an endless abyss. My 594 and HBII are dream guitars for me, yet I still have a few other things I'd like to get queued up.

I love the original McCarty guitars. Vintage flavored finishes, milder figured tops, skip the birds. I was really tempted last year to get one and add signature switching and Phase III tuners. :cool:

Yes it is lighter than my others but not dramatically lighter in color. the hand tag says it is called smoke burst color but looks like a typical tea burst.

Does your Ted have the light brown rosewood? Another cool detail.

The flame on mine is more subtle than most PRSi, which I reckon is due to the vintage "theme."

Back