I Have McFever! (Pics Needed)

What the heck was I thinking! I can play x2!

20160714_120051_zpsbxhmiozz.jpg

20170505_095639_zpskucsg8ty.jpg

Life is good when you can say you forgot about two killer guitars!

I had several older versions of the McCarty that I liked a lot (at one time I had two McSoaps and two 'hog necked versions), but I like this new version a bit better due to some of the details, like the locking PRS tuners, pickups, and this WL version having the brass inserts on the bridge (I think I get a more solid fundamental tone, though this may or may not be why).

I get a lot of use out of this guitar in my work. The 25" scale length makes it just a little bit different tonally from the shorter scale length models PRS makes. The coil splits are excellent, and I like the basic tone of the 58/15s. This one has the BRW fretboard. The tone is clear and snappy.

Classic beauty right there!

LjG1Gch.jpg

here's mine... wrap around antique violin with gold hardware... 7.22 lbs... rings and sings... My wife bought it for me for Christmas 2015 and I didn't know what to expect but it's become one of my very favourite guitars... a lovely, lovely instrument...
Ooooohhhh yeah... That's a sister to mine. Dayum fine!

LjG1Gch.jpg

here's mine... wrap around antique violin with gold hardware... 7.22 lbs... rings and sings... My wife bought it for me for Christmas 2015 and I didn't know what to expect but it's become one of my very favourite guitars... a lovely, lovely instrument...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

I bought the Ted McCarty version a few weeks ago and just think it is awesome. Plays great, sounds great but the devil is in the details. It has the 24.5 inch scale neck which plays great, higher and larger frets and some amazing little details. For example, the non-locking tuners have brass posts, the bridge is the typical hard tail but the posts going into the body are also brass which I did not know until yesterday. Also, the finish is a very thin layer of poly with nitro over the top. Makes the flame really stand out. I know that sounds similar to v12 but i think it is different. I think the body is a sliver thicker but not as think as my Santana.

Does your Ted have the light brown rosewood? Another cool detail.

The flame on mine is more subtle than most PRSi, which I reckon is due to the vintage "theme."

Back