I hate Paul now

Pete B

I bought a PRS SE 2006 custom, and now I have 10 other guitars that are just firewood. This thing sounds and plays so well that I'm thinking of thinning the herd really hard.
This thing is just so versatile and I haven't even thought about a coil split, the wires are there but I just prefer humbuckers.
Is there much variance between these guitars, or, have I just got a gem?

Nope, they're all gems. We all go through what you are going through when we first play a PRS.

That said, I've been going through a singlecut archtop phase, myself, so was tempted to toss all non-maple-necked solidbody guitars, but I ran across an idea that needed the grunt of a solidbody, so I'm glad that I hadn't gotten around to losing them all yet.

I guess my point is, make sure this isn't just a (silly) phase you are going through.

I think we all hate Paul just a little tiny bit that way... Sure do have some fine guitars for it, though!

(I've committed that I have to sell at least one before I bring a new one in. That new one will probably be some kind of SC 594 but I'm having a hell of a time to decide which of my old ones to part with...)

Oh, THAT Paul! Whew, thought I missed something there! :) I love Paul, my wife less so (but she appreciates the artist and perfectionist that he is when we met him in 2013). I sold 3 Taylors after the day I met him, so he's clearly good for the local economy.

I bought a PRS SE 2006 custom, and now I have 10 other guitars that are just firewood. This thing sounds and plays so well that I'm thinking of thinning the herd really hard.
This thing is just so versatile and I haven't even thought about a coil split, the wires are there but I just prefer humbuckers.
Pete, I think they`re all really good, but some of them are spectacular. Sounds like you got one of the spectacular ones.

If you love the SE model, imagine the brain-splat on the wall after your mind-blowing experience with a core model. Then a Private Stock. You should carry a squeegee and a roll of Bounty.

Delighted to see you are happy with your new acquisition however fresh guitars can be like new girlfriends and the appeal can disappear very quickly so don't be in a hurry to move your other guitars just yet. I have two SE models and I am delighted with them.

Ya'll have a different experience than me. I never had the history with really good solid bodies before I went to PRS. I went from a cheap and lousy Squier Strat to a Cu24 Artist Package. Straight from the bottom to the top. Then I felt the need to go back and see what I was missing with the other brands. I found that I wasn't missing much. I did find a MIM Strat that is worth keeping, and the LP urge was quenched with the Heritage version, but my collection exploded (big surprise huh?) and is now 83% PRS (21/24).

If you love the SE model, imagine the brain-splat on the wall after your mind-blowing experience with a core model. Then a Private Stock. You should carry a squeegee and a roll of Bounty.

Paleezzzz~ Don't make me go there! If I get a Private Stock, my wife will leave me! She's still way too hot. Guess I need to wait. At the rate she's ageing now, another 30 years or so. ;)

Paleezzzz~ Don't make me go there! If I get a Private Stock, my wife will leave me! She's still way too hot. Guess I need to wait. At the rate she's ageing now, another 30 years or so. ;)
I still don't own a PS either, but I have so many friends that do, so I live vicariously through their collections. Not that mine are chopped liver...;)

Back