I can rip on my PRS like no other guitar I own....

Russ73

I was just playing my Satin 22 and although I have some other nice guitars, different shapes and scale lengths ...I play my best stuff on my PRSi...I don't know if its the scale length or the neck shape or the overall build but I can do things with the Satin that I cant pull off with any of my superstrats or MM or anything else..plus you can go to clean to mean with a flick of the selector ...Great guitars for sure!

They play and feel like nothing else out there. My favorite way to describe them is "silky smooth." Just incredible instruments.

I set all mine up with the same set up so they all play the same regardless of the headstock logo. They all slay!

I haven't played a prs that wasn't good to go.
Ordered my McCarty from the States and I can honestly say when I unboxed it it was still in tune.
Amazing.!!!

It's not amazing, my friend -- it's Science!

You see, PRS guitars ship with quantum-world guitar tech beings that live inside the cases. In earlier times, these beings were referred to as "elves" or "pixies," but we now know that they are subatomic particles that can be trained.

PRS uses a cyclotron under the factory to locate and train them to keep the guitars in tune en route. Their ear training is so thorough (they're all given that perfect pitch course you find in guitar magazines) that they use only their sense of subatomic hearing to tune the guitars!

Once the guitar reaches its destination, the tiny invisible beings mysteriously disappear, and later reappear In the cyclotron, ready to ship out with another guitar.

Mysterious particle appearances and disappearances are, of course, known quantum phenomena. In the case of the PRS Pixie team (they chose the name themselves), they take great pride in their work.

These beings are opposed by Antipixie particle beings, who try to detune the guitars, bow the necks, and cause other mayhem, but they are the weak force compared to PRS' strong pixie force, and they usually just give up and go over to Fender and Gibson.

I hope this scientific explanation helps.

I'm not at liberty to reveal Paul Smith's advanced home planet where he learned how to do all this, but it starts with a "K" and ends with the letters "rypton". ;)

I definitely agree. My fingers just seem to move faster over the neck of my DGT than anything else I own, including my old trusty Les Paul. It's almost like the neck was made just for my hands because once I played it, all other guitar necks seem like a joke.

I only own 2 electrics, my se c24 and a Mim hss strat. I can enjoy playing one for hours and the other..... let's just say i'll eventually get around to taking it to get properly setup haha.

When I first tried my Bernie I had the same feeling. I've had my S2 Singlecut for a week and the feeling is even more pronounced. The action isn't particularly low but my fingers just seem to fly over it. I really can't make out why this is but it's GREAT.

A players confidence level while playing their instrument will push them to play differently in my experience. When my guitar and amp react to every little touch exactly the way I want and my guitar seems like it's roaring to life...I play with amazing feel. It's part of the musical feedback between the musician and his/her instrument.

Back