I ❤ the 80's!

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
With 94 votes (so far) the average age of this forum's membership is 39.9 (source). With 29 of the 94 members in their 40's, it's safe to say that a fair number of us "grew-up" in the 80's. No doubt those of you a decade or two older were loving all that the 80's had to offer, as well.

So let's see it! Show us your white Lamborghini Countach, your pastel t-shirt and padded shoulder pads (you know you loved Miami Vice too), your big hair and eye-liner! I know damn-well I wasn't the only one rockin' ripped-up 501's with snake-print spandex underneath. How about links to your favorite 80's video? And if you have the stones... your photo!

I really did ❤ the 80's! Did you?

Me doing some studio work...

aldstang.jpg

Sound check before a gig. Dig my Don Johnson jacket! And the bass player has a mullet!

sb3.jpg

The same band, circa 1992... so a little out from the 80s. But I was still sporting the thin tie!

sb1.jpg

Love the 80s.....

Guns N' Roses, Ratt, Stevie Nicks (solo), Heart, Van Halen, .38 Special, etc. Plus the Sunset Strip.

Love the 80's, and in retrospect, the 70's too.

Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Motley Crue to Rush, Billy Idol, Madonna, etc.

But I can openly admit now that I also like the Bee Gees, love to hear some Jim Croce and lots of late 70's stuff.

Plus the tv. Three's Company, The Love Boat, Happy Days, Columbo, Kojak, and can't forget Charlie's Angels, at least while Farrah was still on there.

Love how these guys summed it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
High school "Battle of the Bands" '81` I'm playing the black Strat.

Bandpic4.jpg

My Father ran his business with this computer and wrote all his own programs in basic.
I learned a lot about programming and did some graphics in basic. Tedious but fun.
trs80-iii.jpg

Spent too many hours on this thing. Hated the robot.

Nintendo-M9-ROB-NES-Store-Display-6-600x450.jpg

By '86, things were changing for the better!

RedsandT.jpg

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;34596 said:
pastel t-shirt and padded shoulder pads (you know you loved Miami Vice too)

I totally went to school one day rockin' taper cuts, sperry topsiders, no socks, sportin' a wicked center-part as part of the ensemble quoted above. I was so proud and planned all week for the day I was going to show up in my Sonny Crocket attire, and I just knew all the fifth grade babes were gonna fall for me.

Well you can imagine how well that turned out. I was ridiculed by just about everyone, okay everyone. It was my first taste of public humiliation and I did not handle it too well, I "got sick" and ducked into the nurses office too ashamed to finish the day. I was fortunate that it was a friday, and a male schoolmate had pooped in his pants at lunch so all of my male friends were much too consumed with that to really give much thought to my attempt at style..... but the girls remembered.

Things worked out quite fine for me, I was the first or second guy to have a girlfriend in my class and I learned early on how much of an impact the clothes you wear can have on people. I think it also gave me the strength and ability to wear anything, anywhere, in front of anybody.
Thanks Don Johnson.

Born in 86, I got shorted about 6 years on the 80's. Well, really I was too young to enjoy any of it as one would hope to. But I still love the 80's. Sometimes I think people my age remember them being crazier by far than they were... then I see Harker's link! Haha! Anyways, here's my band at 80's night. Complete with slightly botched guitar solo, but whatever, it was a heck of a good time! Great crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I might have a picture from 1989 or so...I'll have to try to dig it out. My time in the 80's look was pretty short as I transitioned gladly to the 90's grunge look.

Last edited:
The 80s? So many youngsters here. I was out of college and working on learning adult language like "Get off my lawn!"

Most of my favorite music is from the 60s through the early 90s. There are exceptions on both ends, but not many.

I do remember thinking the grunge crowd could be really good if they learned to play their instruments. (as a listener I can criticize. as a guitar player I have no room to talk)

Beatles
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Jethro Tull
The Cars
Fleetwood Mac
Heart
and on and on

There are currently 10.177 selections in my iTunes list and I have not even digitized hardly any of the vinyl yet.

I wanna see pictures of you 80's rockers. You know the one I'm talking about... with your big hair.

Come on now, don't be shy.

Back