I ♥ my Archon.PIX WELCOMED!!

Picked this combo up last night. Need to dig in, but I'm impressed so far.

Has anyone had experience with Greenbacks and the Archon? There's a 2x12 local with them and I'm wondering how it would do

I had the combo before I bought the head. It sounded a lot better going through the 2x12 I had than the stock speaker.

I figured if I was just going to run it through the 2x12, then I might as well just swap it for the head.

IMG_0078.jpg

My humble set-up...
Purrdy! What is that 1x12 down under?!?!?!

I had the combo before I bought the head. It sounded a lot better going through the 2x12 I had than the stock speaker.

I figured if I was just going to run it through the 2x12, then I might as well just swap it for the head.
My 100 Archon is going through an EVH 4X12 with EVH speakers(Greenbacks). It has that "brown" sound from the massive amounts of low end from the EVH speakers. Diffenantly not voiced for the Archon. The great thing about the Archon is that the controls have a good wide range and the BRIGHT switch and Depth and Presence controls are a life saver. I also have the PRS DG Custom 2x12 and it sounds ridiculously good in a Rock laid back way (not metal so much). I'm tempted to take the V30s out of my DG 2X12 and put them in my EVH 4X12 an X pattern and then put the two left over EVH Speakers in the DG 2X12! :) sorry for the long comment, just excited! Lolol!

6DD60FB8-0ACB-4605-A963-D0F4A159DB8C_zpsmlhwzbdv.jpg
Picked this combo up last night. Need to dig in, but I'm impressed so far.

Has anyone had experience with Greenbacks and the Archon? There's a 2x12 local with them and I'm wondering how it would do
My 100 Archon is going through an EVH 4X12 with EVH speakers(Greenbacks). It has that "brown" sound from the massive amounts of low end from the EVH speakers. Diffenantly not voiced for the Archon. The great thing about the Archon is that the controls have a good wide range and the BRIGHT switch and Depth and Presence controls are a life saver. I also have the PRS DG Custom 2x12 and it soundsridiculously good in a Rock laid backway (not metal so much). I'm tempted to take the V30s out of my DG 2X12 and put them in my EVH 4X12 an Xpattern and then put the two left over EVH Speakers in the DG 2X12! :)sorry for thelong comment, just excited! Lolol!

For a minute I thought I was Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.
Exactly! We'll have to see if it happens again tomorrow...

(O.T. I bet Bill wished that the day he finally woke up with Andie MacDowell was the day that happened over and over for the rest of his life. THAT would be a great day indeed!!)

My G12M-65 Creamback arrived today. For those who feel the Archon combo sounds boxey - it's the speaker. While the G12T-75 doesn't sound too bad when playing clean - there's no comparison when things start to dirty up a bit. The creamback is warmer than the G12T with a much fuller sound. The bright switches are usable now. Big improvement - more so than the tube change.

Love my Archon!

Last edited:
Back