HXDA ReMix-ology.

I believe they used a vintage Neumann U47, so I doubt it was the mic.
Well, that actually was what I meant - if they used a really good mic, then it might pick up (respond to) more nuances like clicks better than your average SM58. We use a pretty nice mic for our vocals and soft instrumentation, but I doubt it is the calibre of a Neumann U47.

And yeah, like @Dusty Chalk , I quite like that intro!

Well, that actually was what I meant - if they used a really good mic, then it might pick up (respond to) more nuances like clicks better than your average SM58. We use a pretty nice mic for our vocals and soft instrumentation, but I doubt it is the calibre of a Neumann U47.

And yeah, like @Dusty Chalk , I quite like that intro!

Glad you dig the intro! Oddly enough, the U47 has a lot of low end oomph, and the top end is kind of subdued compared to modern condensers; so in all likelihood, a cheap, run-of-the-mill, knockoff condenser with a typical hyped midrange and top end would likely have accentuated those clicks in a worse way.

But you just never know with this stuff.

I actually love some of the newer mics. I’m very fond of the Blue Mouse, Bottle and Kiwi, the JZ stuff, the Neumann TLM mics and U89i, and even the Rode K2. All of them more than hold their own, even compared to the classic mics, though of course, every mic works well in some circumstances and not others.

Last edited:
Enjoyed it. Still haven't been able to listen on a system with much resolution, but maybe tonight or tomorrow night I can.

Back