How to stop bridge posts turning when bridge removed?

mildew

On my DC-22 the bridge posts are a pretty tight fit and dont tend to turn randomly when ive taken the bridge off.

On my Singlecut however the posts are a loose fit in the threads, and when i take the bridge off its very hard to stop them turning and messing up my string height. (both are wraparound bridge)

Any suggestions for how to stop the bridge posts turning when removing the bridge for string changes/fretboard cleaning?

Last edited:
Why not count the exact turns as you screw them all the way down to the body next time you restring? Then, You could even remove them for a thorough cleaning and know you can get them back to the same height. Plus, no worries about tape residue, etc.

Second the blue painters tape. Thats what I do with my HBII. Easy peasy.

I went with locking posts on my Mccarty. I would think the tight fit of the locking type post would be better for tone quality too.

I like to leave one string on while changing the strings. Mostly the "G" string. After I clean the guitar and put the first "New" string on, I lose the one I left behind.
I use the Blue Painters Tape also. Anything that holds the posts without marring your finish works.

My go to for all height measurements is a small pad of post it notes. I add or subtract pages till they fit perfectly under or beside whatever I need to remember then remove those pages and use it as a gauge when reinstalling whatever I needed to remember the height of. You can also write on the top page what it's for and have many different ones for a whole project. Works great on pick ups, bridges, etc.

Back