How to post pictures?

The Viking Gangster

When I go to FAQ and type in photo, I am directed to a page that explains that I have to create an album. It starts off by saying the following,

"As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'."

The problem is that I don't have any 'Picture & Album" link in my User Control Panel. I keep going around and around in circle seeing if I missed something.

This is gotta be easier than what I'm doing. I see lots of newcomers with pics and videos. Am I too new of a member>

Please help me....Thanks

Glad you found the right instructions.

AFAICT, the FAQ was written when either older Forum software was being used, or those options were enabled, but are now disabled.

You will see that Mods can upload photos directly, but no-one else can. So I think it is just a user-content limitation to keep server space from exploding due to lots of photos.

Maybe someone can update the FAQ? It should be as simple as copy-pasting the info from the Sticky thread linked above right into the FAQ where the old (incorrect) instructions currently reside.

Glad you found the right instructions.

So I think it is just a user-content limitation to keep server space from exploding due to lots of photos.

That makes sense then. I've been on other forums that allow uploads from you computer, so I couldn't understand why it wasn't the same on this forum.

All I get to appear in my post is IMG but no picture. Using google photos as storage. Can anyone help?

All I get to appear in my post is IMG but no picture. Using google photos as storage. Can anyone help?
Make an Imgur account (link one to your google+ account) then upload pictures to Imgur, make sure you click to upload them to the public. Once you do that, click on any picture you've uploaded, than copy the "Direct link" (It'll be in a list of options to the right of the picture you've selected", then paste it into the "Image url" blank like usual. There's probably some other methods out there, but that's the way I do it.

7lgziA8.jpg
Dn6qonE.jpg
nrqpnBL.jpg
OAMZ12T.jpg

Back